Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • OE vs Aftermarket, in particular, Easton kit?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Some, like Shimano, it’s the same kit but without boxes and instructions. Other stuff like tyres and forks, the OE stuff with the same name can be totally different from the aftermarket stuff.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Easton stuff? Stems in particular? Is it the same stuff without the box or is it a different quality?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I reckon it’s the same. Much of the giant connect stuff is easton afaik

eshershore
    Free Member

stems are the same. Easton don’t do much (if any) OE specific product, its generally their aftermarket product bolted to a production bike

You often see the cheaper Easton stems (i.e. EA-30/50) on production bikes, rather than the top of the range Easton stems

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. Got a mate going to the state’s soon and I’ve seen some OE haven stems.

andyl
    Free Member

Pretty sure the Merlin stuff is OEM as it just comes in a bag and they are able to sell black stems with black faceplates which I would suspect would be due to some manufacturers wanting the all one colour combinations.

For finishing kit I would only expect cosmetic changes – eg different colour stickers or the bike brand name on there instead/as well. Forks etc yes you get differences, often just also colour.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘OE vs Aftermarket, in particular, Easton kit?’ is closed to new replies.