Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Odds on a white Christmas where you are? When was your last?
  • honeybadgerx

As we’re all feeling festive and merry, what are the odds of a white Christmas where you are? When was the last time you had one?

Just dropped to 10-1 here in Edinburgh according to some Dr bloke, thought I think it’s more likely due to the fact I’ve just had some winter tyres fitted to the car…

camo16
    Free Member

1/6 or 1/7 in Liverpool, apparently.

I have no idea what the above means though. Is 1/6 a sixth of a chance?

jekkyl

staffordshire – 2010. 🙂

darrell
    Free Member

always a white xmas here in Norway

crispo
    Free Member

In Preston this year, judging by the fact I haven’t seen it snow at all yet I’d say it’s fairly low.

Spent last year in Switzerland though and we deffinately had a white Christmas!!

Edit: just checked the forecast 10c and raining here in Preston on Monday!

sweaman2
    Free Member

1-1 … pretty much a certainty as I’m in Calgary Canada. (-11C currently)

Snow on the ground and currently a 60% chance of snow in the air for December 25th..

maccruiskeen

I think it only counts as a white xmas as far as the bookies are concerned if there is snow lying in London. Looking at the temps running up to Christmas…. its so warm, especially at night (11 degrees day and night).

Is this the snopocalypes the Daily Express warned us about?

I think for some people the temp could just drop enough snow to fall on the 25th but the ground will be so warm I doubt it’ll stick around.

br
    Free Member

Scottish Borders, and looks zero.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Darwen and we had no snow Christmas day last year but did on the 18th December last proper snow was 2010

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think it only counts as a white xmas as far as the bookies are concerned if there is snow lying in London. Looking at the temps running up to Christmas…. its so warm, especially at night (11 degrees day and night).

No. Not snow lying but snow falling.

mefty
    Free Member

Probably zilch, last time snow was outside on Christmas was years ago visiting my in laws in Scotland. One of my bug bears is all of these factual TV programmes who include snow on the ground in their Christmas specials to make it more Christmassy are building up unrealistic expectations. Whilst no problem for adults, my daughter has completely unrealistic expectations which will no doubt be dashed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Odds on a white Christmas where you are? When was your last?’ is closed to new replies.