Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Odd sports you HAVE done
  • aracer
    Free Member

Not sure if its what aracer is talking about though

Well there do seem to be so many different variations – mine was with inlines and sticks kind of like those used for ice hockey, though all on a very casual basis (we had a hall one lunchtime a week and got together for a knock about).

bruk

We played a version of aussie rules football at school, essentially an excuse to batter each other and slightly less damaging than trying to play rugby with contact on concrete. Great fun.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not particularly odd (well you decide)

Roadie – yes I know, at semi pro level, did Tour of Britain 3 times and numerous other races between 91-94.
    Ashbourne Shrovetide Football – yes this is the one where the uppers play the downers all over the town.. hilarious and both very cold and got very very drunk.
    Clay Pigeon shooting – got a reasonable eye for that.
    3 Day Eventing – was pretty good at this, not the Pro level stuff, just keeno armature stylee, did Burghley one year “tally Ho”
    Sailing – far too much to write on here, though have done 11 Atlantic crossings and raced in some pretty prestigious events, fave being Maxi Worlds at Porto Cervo and La Nioulargue in St Tropez.
    Windsurfing – is this odd?? Hmmm, do it when it’s too windy to rideout.

montylikesbeer

caving and even got through here as a lad (those who know me now will be tittering)

Have shot clays and did a bit of windsurfing, sailing and skiing as well

willard

We played a version of aussie rules football at school, essentially an excuse to batter each other and slightly less damaging than trying to play rugby with contact on concrete. Great fun.

Ah yes, we played a similar thing called MurderBall. Can be played with any type of ball, just about any number of people and just about any size open space.

Aim: Get ball from one to the to other side of the area. Opposing team tries to stop you.

Rules: Errrr. The other team tries to stop you. That is all.

Great days.

woody2000

montylikesbeer – no bloody way would you ever, ever get me doing anything like that. I went down some caves in NZ that were like my living room, and that was bad enough!

Murderball – I remember that little gem. Our gym teachers were a bit sadistic, so they stuck all the weedy kids on one side and the rugby lads on the other and just said “off you go lads”. Barstewards 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Dining room chair skiing, it was all the rage in the 90’s

andrewh
    Free Member

We played a version of aussie rules football at school….

Ah yes, we played a similar thing called MurderBall….

Rules: Errrr. The other team tries to stop you. That is all.

It does actually state in the offical Aussie Rules rule book that no weapons are allowed. How many other sports actually haveto specify this?!

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Odd sports you HAVE done’ is closed to new replies.