Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Odd solar panel issue; some stay wet and some dry quickly
  • BlobOnAStick

I have 9 PV solar panels on my roof. 7 dry fairly quickly when the sun comes out, but 2 retain droplets of water on them for some time after. They’re all mounted in the same plane and the wet ones are next to dry ones.

It looks very odd to me, does this mean anything? I suppose some could have been coated with a rain-x type finish and the others not? Does anyone know if this indicates they’re not working or something?

MarkN
    Free Member

Some panels were avail with a stay clean finish as I recall so it may be this. One other thing that comes to mind is the panel will warm up as it works. Are the panels all on one string or are they split? If split do you get the same output from both strings. Best place to get this answered though is check with who ever fitted them for you. All things being equal it does seem odd.

BlobOnAStick

Thanks Mark. I think a call to the fitters is in order, as they are all on a single string.

It seems odd that 2 out of 9 would have a different finish to the others…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Odd solar panel issue; some stay wet and some dry quickly’ is closed to new replies.