Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Odd opportunistic thefts
  • dan1980
    Free Member

Today I’ve managed to get a pair of cryogenic gloves stolen from outside my workplace whilst I went inside to get the key to the liquid nitrogen tank.

I have no idea why anyone would want to steal them as they’re hardly a fashionable item (Blue and padded) so unless someone is expecting a winter with temperatures around -190 I just don’t get why you’d want to take them.

Anyone else had odd things taken? I need amusement at the weirdness of certain members of society!

Cougar

I recently replaced our bathroom suite. The old one was from the 60s in a nasty sun-bleached yellow colour that was probably “primrose” or something.

Chucked the throne in the skip outside my house, and it’d gone inside of an hour. I boggle at, well, anyone who’d want a second-hand Thomas, let alone the manky old thing I’d just hoofed.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

A few years ago someone once broke into my car and pinched the fuses. Nothing else was damaged/taken, apart from a broken window to get in. Put it down to ‘kids’, but even so……. (EDIT: and not really opportunistic, hmmm…..)

drofluf
    Free Member

I brought a bag of flat batteries to take to the cafeteria at work where there is a battery recycling bin and put them on my desk.

Months passed and I never got round to taking them even though I was theree most days until I finally thought tho take them down. Odd, I thought, the bag felt lighter than I remembered. Someone had taken all of the AAs and AAAs leaving an old mobile battery and a coupple of 9v ones.

wwaswas

Cougar, it’s turned up!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26hcrU1wZeo[/video]

Pyro

Living in Hamburg a few years back, I cycled to the station on a clapped-out old BSO, locking it up with a fairly useless combination chain lock. Came back that night to find the lock gone but the BSO sil very much there. Very strange…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Odd opportunistic thefts’ is closed to new replies.