Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Odd flickr views.
  • matt_outandabout

So suddenly my pictures have had 6,170 views today 😯
    Odd behavior, no incoming links apart from one thread on STW and two google searches…
    Should I be worried?

Wookster

You are a guardian journo and I claim my five pounds……..once you leave the airport!!

footflaps

Yep, I get that on some days – it seems completely shagged since their last update, can take 5 mins to load some of my sets – completely useless.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    butcher

Never really look at my stats on Flickr these days, but I’m wondering, with the new layout, what exactly constitutes as a view? Do you still need to click through to it? Or could it have been on an Explore page with 6 thousand people having simply scrolled past it?

Still struggling with the new Flickr myself. It’s just not as functional as it was.

ampthill

Doesn’t look like you’ve been explored

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/matt_outandabout/popular-interesting/

but some nice shots. I like the Canoe in the rapids

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/matt_outandabout/popular-interesting/

bencooper
    Free Member

Sometimes it’s a new search engine spider that Flickr don’t know about – if you get a one-day spike but spread over a lot of images, that may well be the result.

But my stats have been odd for a couple of weeks too – consistently 3-6x what they were previously.

butcher

Worst website ‘upgrade’ I’ve ever experienced.

Behind CRC, you mean? 🙂

footflaps

Possibly, I always preferred Wiggle’s website and their smaller range. I would loose interest on CRC trying to find what I wanted amongst the millions of search results they spewed up.

fifo
    Free Member

I’ve had this before. It recurred for a few days, then eventually I got a lik displayed in teh stats from a Tumblr feed that was going mental with a few random pictures of mine. henned to a few random photos of mine now

metalheart
    Free Member

There’s definitely something borked with Flickr stats.

The other day I uploaded photos and according to the stats I had no views yet click through to the individual photos and it was registering around 5-7 views each.

And Sunday I got a photo favourited and an e-mail to tell me yet it didn’t come up in the stats (not even a view). I think they just make them up….

And some of the referrer searches are a bit weird: one of today’s was a ‘man and his chicken’…. 😯

downgrade
    Free Member

I cancelled my Pro account and shut the whole thing down a few weeks ago – they kept on making it look and work better.

Found a good site called pi.pe which can transfer all your photos elsewhere (I just stuck them onto Dropbox)

matt_outandabout

Ah well, seems it is Flickr numptiness then.
    As you were.

theflatboy
    Free Member

It is by far the worst upgrade in history. I’m still annoyed I had let my pro account lapse by a few days and was blindsided by the change – no more stats for me. 🙁

footflaps

The fact their upgrade has slowed it down by a factor of 10 is quite an achievement. It works great if you have less than 10 photos in your account, but the minute you go above 50, it just can’t serve the images quick enough. You do wonder how they tested it.

theflatboy
    Free Member

They can’t have done any decent testing or user checking – everyone I know who uses it preferred it before…

footflaps

I think they want to do an Apple and bin all their ‘pro’ users and go after the Instagram market.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I just want my stats back. I was basically addicted to seeing what views my pics had got. 🙁 😆

grahamh
    Free Member

They can’t have done any decent testing or user checking – everyone I know who uses it preferred it before…

err no there wasn’t..

They selected and random group of users and forced them in to the new interface. The overwhelming opinion was “THIS SUCKS”, but they went ahead with the change any way. Come May 21st they force the change though, big post on the flickr help forum regarding the new changes. Over 3000 posts saying that the new designs suck change it back. The response from flickr/yahoo, “tough s**t if you don’t like it **** off.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Odd flickr views.’ is closed to new replies.