Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • October sun – Mallorca top tips please
  • geoffj

Just booked 9 days in Mallorca in October. Going with family, but will be taking the road bike for a couple of escape days.
    I’ve been a couple of times before, but lets still have your top tips please.

plop_pants
    Free Member

October is still good and warm but you can get the odd bad day with heavy rain. I made the mistake of heading up into the mountains after one bad day and there were boulders on the road, BIG boulders. So best to avoid until they have had chance to clear up. The San Salvador climb is lovely and has a cafe at the top. If you can find the centre then Petra is great too. Some routes I find dead boring, the infamous ‘Pipe’ road included. Connects Sa Pobla to Sta Maria. If staying in Pte Pollenca then I prefer to use the ‘Garden’ road to get down to Sta Maria. I have often joined up with a regular ride (every day I think, 9:30am) starting from Tollos restaurant in Pte Pollenca. Nice to ride with some locals. My absolute favourite climb is up to Lluc from Selva. Some beautiful views.

julians
    Free Member

Take the mountain bike, theres some great routes in the mountains.

We did it last november, was really good.

geoffj

Thanks guys. Will be staying in pt de pol. I’m not sure I fancy mtbing on my own though, so will just have a recce on the road bike.
    Any more?

whiskykai
    Free Member

I’m looking at going in the second week of October and hiring a bike from Pro CyCle Hrle in Puerto pollencia. Not too sure yet about the weather though. It’ll be fine for me, but not so sure about the rest of the family!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘October sun – Mallorca top tips please’ is closed to new replies.