Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Obligatory new bike thread, finaly gone N+1
  • stewartc
    Free Member

Its taken till my early 40’s but I have finally plucked up the courage to go N+1, its a nice little hard-tail to compliment my FS Mach6, please feel free to critique but that isn’t my path (and the dropper is now down another 1.5 inches).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Weird how quickly 26″ wheels look small.

Looks like a whole heap of fun though!

woodster

Weird how quickly 26″ wheels look small.

Especially given they’re 650b!

Looks awesome! How are you finding the 11 speed XT? just received mine and looking forward to trying it out.

z1ppy

Stanton definitely seem on the ball with their colour choices, very nice, enjoy

mrblobby
    Free Member

Especially given they’re 650b!

Funny how 650b doesn’t look any different to 26″ 😉

Nice that. I don’t know why they have the bike name in that silly font though, other than that it looks great.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Funny how 650b doesn’t look any different to 26″

I was going to avoid that comment!

They look different side by side, I thin it’s the huge tyres that threw me off, makes the rim look smaller.

stewartc
    Free Member

Woodster, so far, of all the 30KM I have ridden it, its been faultless, nice smooth gear changes though it will take a while to get used to the different ratios though shouldn’t take too long.
    Big tires, using 30mm wide LB rims and have opted for 2.4 Ardent front and 2.2 Ikons at the back, never used this combo before but they should be fine for the mix of trail & concrete paths they will be mostly used on.

toby1

Shame someone bent it at the base of the seat tube 😉

Looks like a typical UK hardcore hardtail, although I’m guessing from the picture you are more HK than UK. Looks like a lot of fun though, enjoy it.

sandwicheater

Valve tyre logo alignment fail, burn it with fire and start again. It’s the only way you’ll learn.

EDIT: It is/was (depending if you have burned it) a lovely bike.

matt_outandabout

That colour. 8)

Logo’s are off by a few cm from centering on the valves.

BillOddie

I like that.

Wheels are 1.5 inches too small though…

dannyh
    Free Member

I like that.

Wheels are 1.5 inches too big, though….

Seriously, though, that is a lovely looking bike.

deviant
    Free Member

Lovely bike, I do prefer the original 26 Stanton but they’re all good, typical UK aggro bike for riding down inappropriate stuff!

everyone
    Free Member

Fantastic looking bike that! Just looks right.

I really want another long legged hardtail.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Obligatory new bike thread, finaly gone N+1’ is closed to new replies.