Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OBD2 reader for Seat Arosa 52 plate
  • breninbeener

My daughters car is a 52 plate Seat Arosa. It has today developed a misfire and now the engine management light is on.
    The car isnt used much but it is relied upon. Can anyone recommend a reader for the code? We also have a new Transit and a 5 yr old Renault Clio in the family. So if it could read those vehicles then that would make it more useful….
    Thanks
    Ian

bear-uk
    Free Member

Get a VW code reader from Ebay. Two types depending on age. Cant remember which is which but it will reset all codes better than a generic reader will. I would hazard a guess that a 52 plate will be the cheaper earier type lead required. My Seat is a 14 plate and that needs the later £50 lead.

breninbeener

Thanks! Im having a look now.

Ian

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aldi have one for £15 odd

Marko

VCDS lite is the best out there:

https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/

Or any of the OBD ELM based chinesium readers linked to a free phone app. They will generate OBD specific codes, but VCDS will spit out a few more VAG group specific fault codes.

hot_fiat

Another VCDS user here. Being able to get at the sub-controllers (of which there are many on later vehicles) is invaluable. However for your particular issue I suspect any plug&play device will work.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Don’t discount some of the Android based apps (torque etc.) with an elm based plug in. Lots of development going on, people writing add on modules for specific models and makes.
    If you look around, you’ll find one that will give you access to just about everything you need to know. It’s probably a good idea not to have access to things like airbags and abs.

Take the money you save and subscribe to online access to repair manuals, which will be of much more help in the long run.

fossy

I use Torque on my car, but you don’t have ABS/Airbag access. But that’s right. I can access the scan process on my Nissan using various ignition checks and presses with the accelerator for the air bag sensors – it re-initiates a scan.

Older cars get corrosion issues on the air bag connectors (they are very sensitive) so go armed with electrical contact cleaner, once you have the reset procedure.

My car is 17, I’ve had to clean up the seat air bag connectors and the steering wheel connectors – that what causes faults. All is OK now, the system re-scans. Don’t get ripped off by a dealer. Get onto your car forum.

scuttler

52 plate Arosa – roller skate!!

Even better with the original F2 Rally Champion sticker in the back window.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OBD2 reader for Seat Arosa 52 plate’ is closed to new replies.