Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Oban, what to see and do?
  • Mounty_73

We have a couple of days in Oban coming up shortly, what is there to see and do whilst we are there? 🙂

We are taking bikes, but we are looking for something to do, off the bikes.

sofaking
    Free Member
    TiRed

Go over to Mull on the ferry and down to Iona. Ride or bus.

juanking

For food you must goto the Seafood Temple, one of the best places I have ever eaten without a doubt. Look it up on tripadvisor too the reviews speak for themselves and extremely good value for money. Sat here dribbling just thinking about my last visit.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The pancake shop was pretty good. Huuuge feckoff pancake with all sorts of treats stacked on top.

A walk up to the folly to walk of said pancakes is nice.

cbike
    Free Member

Tigh Na Truish

Bridge over the Atlantic

Seil

Sea life tours in mental powerboats.

Kerrera for cycling and walking.

Loads of Prehistoric stuff towards Lochgilphead and crinan.

Ben Cruachan and power station tour.

GW
    Free Member

Ben Cathro is based v.close to Oban if you fancy some tuition/coaching or a guide.

Find him at Sickskills.com

alaric

Sea Kayaking? We went out with Sea Freedom a couple of years ago – excellent!

avdave2

Kerrera for cycling and walking.

+1, I’ll buy it when I win the lottery

yetidave
    Free Member

sunset up at McGaigs (sp?) Tower. Falls of Laura at mid tide, trip out to the Corryvreckan.

nickhart
    Free Member

oban whiskey is my favourite since a visit which is bad as it’s not cheap. but its lovely.
    iona and staffa were good, staffa ok the cave is impressive but not sure it’s everyones cup of tea. iona for me was magical, very spiritual and i’m not usually.

dewydd
    Free Member

Trip to Mull and then your pick of Iona / Staffa / Tobermory
    Walk / cycle round Kerrera
    Cruachan visitor centre (or climb it)
    Sea Kayaking
    Sea.fari trip from Easdale to Corryvreckan. Check their website for the best dates for a spring tide
    Cruise Loch Etive from Taynuilt
    Maybe something on in the Corran Halls depending on your dates. Kevin Bridges booked for 14th and 17th July although both dates could be sold out now.
    Explore the general area e.g. Dunollie Castle, McCaig’s Tower, Dunstaffnage Castle, War & Peace Museum, Oban Distillery, Open top bus tour, Falls of Lora
    For food try the Seafood Temple, Coast, Ee-Usk, Piazza
    Golf? Course in Oban and also Balvicar, Taynuilt, Dalmally

cove123

Robins tea room in Taynuilt

Coast +1 for food

Mounty_73

Sooooo much to do, but so little time to do it all….we only have around 2 days….but at least the above will give us something to do on our short visit… 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oban, what to see and do?’ is closed to new replies.