Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • obama…hero..
  • Premier Icon freeform5spot
    Free Member

to early to say I guess.
    loads of good sound bite stuff in his speach but the proof will come later.
    he will have to do spectacularly badly to usurp bush!

Premier Icon ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it’s obvious he subscribes to bo11ocks conspiracy theories…

Yeah yeah right, I suppose you believe that Princess Diana died because she wasn’t wearing her seatbelt in a car driven by a drunk driver ?

😯

Premier Icon sootyandjim
    Free Member

Indeed ‘marsdenman’, some of those expensive TV ads were no doubt paid for by less than scrupulous companies who now own their very own piece of US presidential backside.

Its just a question of how long before the pounding starts.

Premier Icon ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Tags: Fluffy liberal Guardianista Circlejerk

LOL ! Well done Captain !

But how about making a proper comment instead of adding tags ? !

Still, I guess you must be gutted by the rout of the Conservatives the other side of the pond, eh ?

Premier Icon crazy-legs

Actually ernie I couldn’t care less how/why Diana died…

Back on topic and in the real world…
    I hope he does a good job, he’s certainly started out OK cos he comes across very well on TV and in making his speeches which counts for a hell of a lot. Problem is he’ll be picking up the pieces left from 8 years of the country being ruled by an incompetent fool who’s left office with someof the lowest ratings ever seen. At least Obama is a breath of fresh air, good luck to him.

Premier Icon 5thElefant
    Free Member

Let the disappointment commence…*

*He’s not as funny as the last fella either.

Premier Icon ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Actually ernie I couldn’t care less how/why Diana died…

* gasps in disbelief *

Well plenty of us who do care how the ‘People’s Princess’ died.

And we, along with the Daily Express, won’t rest until those responsible for Our Diana’s death, are bought to justice.

Premier Icon coffeeking
    Free Member

Makes me laugh how the BBC commentary was talking about how good an orator he was, then when he was sworn in he stumbled over every sentence (with nerves probably, dont blame him). He’ll probably be very good for them.

The problem is we cant have people like that here because we have no national sense of pride and loyalty, most of the population are dismissive and apathetic when it comes to our politicians, and if any made speeches like that here they’ve be boo’d off stage and called a grandstander by the opposition.

Premier Icon ernie_lynch
    Free Member

we have no national sense of pride and loyalty

There wasn’t much sense of pride and loyalty shown towards the residents of New Orleans, when it was hit by Hurricane Katrina.

IIRC they were left to die, including ones left abandoned in their wheelchairs.

American patriotism involves draping oneself in the Stars and Stripes …….. and nothing much else.

Premier Icon jonb
    Free Member

To be honest, I wish he would put more emphasis on reality and less asking his imaginary friend for help.

Premier Icon andywhit
    Free Member

>I was impressed with his whole speech – no reference cards etc all off the top of his head.

He had autocue.

Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

Thats what the military has fought for in the past, the freedom for people not to give a toss.

T’was a long time ago, British service personal truly fought for ‘Our Freedom’… 🙁

They seem to be more like an expendable security force for global corporations, and politicians seeking to secure another term, these days. that, and to demonstrate some shiny guns and bombs and things that can then be sold to all sorts of despots.

Good luck, B O’B. Hope things can change, because by ****, they need to.

PS; one of Milli Vanilli killed himself, didn’t he? That’s quite sad, really; apparently it was as a result of his depression at being a fake, a puppet used by the music industry.

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Free Member

I feel this is a good moment to remember that various people on here reported that Colin Powell announced some time ago on Fox News that a crisis would hit the USA on 24 January 2009, the culmination of a plot, by, if memory serves, illuminated lizards from another dimension led by Tom Cruise. I remain interested in this, and the possible consequences of a lizard-coup.

Premier Icon chewkw
    Free Member

WTF! All these celebrity, consumer and MTV culture are really making the media god like.

Bloody hype all over and once they (media) get the people on the high, the low will be far more painful. FFS!

Yes, so there is the inauguration of a mixed race president but it is nothing more than creating more £££ for the CEOs of the media channels. The more high and low … the more £££ the media get. FFS!

Hero or zero … to be frank if one person/nation can affect/dictate to the whole world then there is a definite wrong with the whole world system.

Regardless … my wallet is still empty.

😯

Premier Icon brakes
    Free Member

…and your mind closed

Premier Icon chewkw
    Free Member

brakes: “…and your mind closed”.

Yeap! no hype here … just no money.

😆

Premier Icon Hairychested
    Free Member

Seeing is believing, as they say.

Premier Icon ernie_lynch
    Free Member

a crisis would hit the USA on 24 January 2009

Actually he said Jan 21-22.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R4qT3wA-wUA&feature=related

That’s tomorrow and the day after – so not long to wait then.

Mind you, Colin Powell said that Iraq definitely had WMD. I’m still waiting for those.

Premier Icon chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch: “Actually he said Jan 21-22.”

Might as well since everyone seems to have a very long face nowadays.

🙄

Premier Icon AndyP
    Free Member

sootyandjim: 2
    AndyP:0

quite bizarre.

saj..I agree entirely that it’s far better to have willing volunteers than people forced into the army. No doubt about that, hence my ‘stupid question’ comment. You’d have to be quite stupid to want people to do something against their will.

Premier Icon atlaz
    Free Member

Ultimately time will tell how well he does but at the very least, for getting an apathetic and inward looking nation reinvigorated and looking towards the rest of the world again, he’s already done a lot of good.

Premier Icon piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, I woke up this morning expecting to find the whole world fixed – and it isn’t.

That’s a right let down.

As far as I can see, I think he will be OK. He does have a major failing though – he’s a politician

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon

looks at pound today, yup same as usual, $1.50 tot he pound, same as its been for ages, $2.1 was a blip, face it we’re good, but not that good.

Premier Icon trailmonkey
    Free Member

I’m amazed that anyone thinks it will make a scrap of difference to anything. He’s President of the US, not Che, FFS.
    The fact that he’s giving false hope to people in America who really need help is all the more depressing.

Premier Icon 5thElefant
    Free Member

Although he’ll make no difference, he is an impressive orator. Compare him to our saviour in the waiting, Call Me Dave. All he can do is repeat fuckwitted catch phrases three times in a row. Not three times in a speech. Three times in a **** sentence.

I’d happily swap.

Not that it would make any odds of course…

Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

F’kin ‘ell. People in affluent nations such as ours, are talking about a ‘crisis’. FFS, it just means you won’t be able to borrow as much money for a while! Which might be a good thing, really, except for the banks. We’ll still have food to eat, roofs over our heads, and no real threat of someone coming to invade our village, or send in precision bombers, or famine, major earthquake or other terrible natural disaster.

I think it’s about time we started thinking about other people a bit more, rather than what 50″ plasma **** TV to buy, or what iPod will go with our shoes…

That’s a kind of change I’d like to see. Less selfishness and greed. If B O’B can try and push things that way, a little, then that’ll be good; ‘cos let’s face it, that other **** wasn’t going to.

Yes, I think this ‘crisis’ might actually be good for us all. Make us sit up and think for a bit, instead of behaving like moronic consumers of bull sh1t.

Premier Icon miketually

Some great photoshops on the theme of “what I expect from obama” here: http://www.bloggerheads.com/archives/2009/01/out_with_teh_bu.asp 🙂

Premier Icon 5thElefant
    Free Member

Yes, I think this ‘crisis’ might actually be good for us all. Make us sit up and think for a bit, instead of behaving like moronic consumers of bull sh1t.

Do you actually have a mountainbike? £ for lb one of the most pointlessly expensive toys know to man.

Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

Do you actually have a mountainbike? £ for lb one of the most pointlessly expensive toys know to man.

Word for word, one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read, on here.

Transport, travel, adventure, fitness, happiness, state of mind… Worth every penny.

Premier Icon 5thElefant
    Free Member

Transport, travel, adventure, fitness, happiness, state of mind… Worth every penny.

Spoken like a true consumer. Well done.

Premier Icon miketually

Spoken like a true consumer. Well done.

My MTB gets me to work and back every day, as well as being used for fun and fitness. It cost me £500 4 years ago.

Premier Icon grizzlygus
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member

T’was a long time ago, British service personal truly fought for ‘Our Freedom’…

They seem to be more like an expendable security force for global corporations, and politicians seeking to secure another term, these days. that, and to demonstrate some shiny guns and bombs and things that can then be sold to all sorts of despots.

Without wanting in anyway to associate myself with those who have a totally callous disregard for the young men who make up the bulk of our armed forces, I have to say that RudeBoy’s post is as perfect a post as you’re ever likely to see on here.

He dispenses with the need for paragraphs of endless waffle, and in a couple of sentences sums up the role of Britain’s armed forces today – it’s precise, concise, and in a nutshell.

And imo of course completely correct – well done fella 8)

Premier Icon grizzlygus
    Free Member

Edit : That should read : “who have a totally callous disregard for the well-being of the young men who make up the bulk of our armed forces

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘obama…hero..’ is closed to new replies.