Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oakleys/sunnies at the airport
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

heading abroad next week, and thought i might treat myself. are they cheaper online these days, or will i get some at a fair price?

jimjam
    Free Member

M6TTF
    heading abroad next week, and thought i might treat myself. are they cheaper online these days, or will i get some at a fair price?

I guess it depends on the airport but the prices I saw in Palma airport were really quite shit. 10 or 15% off full RRP. You could haggle that off at spec savers. Much better deals to be had online.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Much better deals to be had online.

Indeed….BUT, I recently bought some Oakleys at the airport and it took me half an hour of trying on loads of different ones to choose some, as some of the one that looked good on the rack didn’t fit properly or didn’t suit my face etc.

So, I’d say its worth spending more to get some you know fit properly. 8)

carlosg
    Free Member

Sometimes you can get great deals at the airports. I got a pair of Oakley Splice about 15 years ago for £90 , I was most surprised 3 weeks later when I saw the same glasses on sale in an Oakley outlet store for £189.

I think there might have been a slight pricing error at Birmingham international, either that or the wrong label was read. My win 8)

hammyuk
    Free Member

My Oakley Romeo II’s weren’t even available from Oakley UK when I got them at Heathrow!
    Glad I did as they’re fetching £300+ now secondhand and well used let alone pristine!
    Seriously considering selling them on.

njee20
    Free Member

Having looked recently Bluenty were cheaper on every single model I looked at. Significantly.

verbboy
    Free Member

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve not found them significantly cheaper at airports, not for the later and most popular models. Not cheap enough to tempt my card out of my wallet.

durhambiker
    Free Member

I might be tempted, as I’ll be flying out of Newcastle tomorrow to be away for work for 4 weeks, and realised I’ve packed my Oakleys away in storage in Manchester. Got a tri booked whilst I’m away so no way I can be without a pair…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oakleys/sunnies at the airport’ is closed to new replies.