Oakley wire type sunglasses

Home Forum Chat Forum Oakley wire type sunglasses

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Oakley wire type sunglasses
  • Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

I’m thinking of adding to the collection with some Crosshairs, but I can’t decide* on lens or frame colour. What you got and what’s good?**

*Actually I can, but I’d like to know what you lot have too
    ** And no it isn’t to go with a car (Italian estate car on any other)

prawny

I’ve got some 1st gen crosshairs in gunmetal with black iridium lenses. Classic.

Had them since 2005 and they still look decent. Unlike my blue/black 2nd gen straight jackets. Which look crap.

Premier Icon Pik n Mix
    Subscriber

I’ve got the originals in a bown chrome with a brown grad lens.
    The last thing my dad ever bought me, one of my prized possessions.

Premier Icon ads678
    Subscriber

I’ve got the Brown Chrome Frame with Bronze polarized lens. Love em.
    Original shape.

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

Matt Black Crosswires with black iridium lenses ordered. 8)

sobriety

I have a set in red with the red/clear lens.

They were great until the arms wore a hole in the lens coating where they touched the lens.

carlosg

Mrscarlos has 2 nice pairs , a titanium square wire with titanium iridium lens and a why3 with ice iridium lens. She bought both pairs at the same time with some redundancy money years ago and they’re both still like brand new.

Premier Icon Daffy
    Subscriber

Ive got some Nanowire 4.0 in a tungsten iridium colour scheme. Very nice, super light and very subtle.

the hustler

I have a pair of original e wires 🙂

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Subscriber

Mine broke within a fortnight – lens popped out of the frame. Loose fit but Oakley wouldn’t replace under warranty, claiming I’d trodden on them or something. So check the lenses are firmly in place before you leave the shop.

Premier Icon Pik n Mix
    Subscriber

My ex did sit on mine, we told Oakley exactly that and they still repaired them free of charge.

Premier Icon swavis
    Subscriber

I’m still using my E-wires, had to get some replacement lenses from Fuse in the States but they’re almost as good as the original gold iridiums

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.