Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Oakley Transition Lens-worth the extra cash?
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Got an Oakley watch which has a broken strap and as it’s an old model there’s no more stock.
    Oakley have offered me 50% off a single product so thought I might get some custom sunnies.
    So the question is: as I’m getting a discount is it worth getting the transition lenss over standard tint?
    Glasses will be used for general wear and all year round riding
    Cheers
    Steve

willber
    Free Member

I believe as transition lenses go, the Oakley ones are very good however the problem with such lenses in general is that they darken very quickly (good thing) but take a little while to clear again (not a good thing) – for example presents a problem when riding from wide open spaces to enclosed wooded areas on bright days.

qwerty
    Free Member

I love the high definition yellow for trail riding. But you’ll be a bit Ali G when you go shopping.

AlasdairMc

Transitions are great for long days out. I’ve worn mine for night rides and for rides in the height of summer, and the flexibility of not having to change lenses or carry two sets makes them brilliant in my opinion.

Flak Jacket XLJs here

toofarwest

Flak XLJs here too, transition prescription lenses have been great for over two years. Need another eye test now so might have to stump up for another set.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Cheers for the replies.
    Think I’ll take a punt!!

Toofarwest-just out of interest how much are the prescription lenses?

Cheers
    Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Transition Lens-worth the extra cash?’ is closed to new replies.