• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Haze.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Oakley Sutro alternatives
  • honourablegeorge

Wanted a pair of darkish glasses for the gravel bike, and thinking something like the Sutro

But they are, to be fair, a bit much. Anything out there that’s good for road/gravel use that’s a but less spaceman but still with good lens & field of vision? Have the Melon Alleycats for the mountain bike, but the Sutro are actually cheaper than another pair of those.

bjhedley

Try the Sutro S with Prizm Trail.

Smaller than the standard so a bit less spaceman yet retaining the same style. Brilliant shades TBH, can’t fault them. My Radars feel like peeking through a letterbox in comparison. Stay put surprisingly well too.

honourablegeorge

yeah, it’s the S I was considering, price/auality/etc all spot on, just not sure on look

The Prizm Road Black was the one I was going for, so more subtle than the brighter lens too.

kelvin

Custom EVZero “Stride” Prizm Trail. It’s sort of all lens, no frame. Love it.

kelvin

Prizm Road Black

It’s very dark. The normal Prizm Road is far more UK gravel friendly.

the00
    Free Member

Ethen have some nice options at a better price.

warns74
    Free Member

Just ordered some Oakley Sutros and Rudy Project Spinshields. Both black with dark grey tinted lenses for road use. The Oakley’s went back as for me the fit of the RPs was spot on.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Oakley had a 50% sale over weekend, not sure if still running. I picked up 2 pairs of Sutro Lite for £76/pair.

Robz
    Free Member

I like Oakley Jawbreakers. Prizim Trail or road lens works well for gravel.

Haze

Sutro Sweep are a bit more subtle (without the holes!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.