Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Oakley replacement lenses – non genuine recommendations, please.
  • bigblackshed

I’ve got an older pair of Oakley Flak Jacket gleasses and I’d like to put some clear lenses in for winter riding, I’m sick of mud in my eyes and the inevitable blood shot eyes the following day. I look like the day after a good night out.

I’m too tight loathed to pay full Oakley prices for something that will get covered in mud and therefore scratched.

Reading some reviews of various brands the quality can be variable, read: shit. So, what after market lenses that fit properly?

pictonroad

UK eBay seller custom-eyewear. Can’t fault the quality and price.

nixie

I’m happy enough with my revant clear lenses in my flak jackets.

bigyim
    Free Member

Pictonroad do you have a link ?

pictonroad

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183624090332

disclaimer – I’ve not had any of their flak jacket lenses, I’ve had mirrored radars

cloudnine
    Free Member

Revant lenses are pretty good.. just not the mirrored ones ime

CountZero

In the past I’ve had lenses from the sunglasses fix, who’re based in Australia, but set up a European branch. However, I’ve been trying to find some details and when the page loads it’s blank, so whether they no longer operate I don’t know. Their Fb page still seems to be functioning, though.
    I’ve had Revant lenses, including some for a pair of Flak Jackets, and I had some issues with the fit of the lenses into the frame. They sent me a replacement pair, but the fit wasn’t much better; I did a bit of careful tweaking with needle files, which helped keep the lenses in place, but I was a bit disappointed with the quality of fit on those lenses.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My revant lenses delaminated pretty quickly tbh, disappointed.

Walleva lenses seem to be a bit better on my Gascans.

bigblackshed

Thanks everyone. I’ve gone for a set from eBay Custom-eyeware as above.

weeksy

None of my replacements have ever fitted quite as snugly as the genuine ones, always play/movement on them and even falling out when cleaning the lenses.

So much so that i’m buying genuine ones this week instead.

drlex
    Free Member

^
    Sunglassfix.eu website works for me – I now have to check my Frogskins carefully to see whether they’re gen. 1 or 2 before ordering; there being 4 options. In contrast, the revant webpage for Frogskins has only one size.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My Revant lenses de-laminated within a few days of receiving them. I got them from America so didn’t bother sending them back but i hear they are usually good on supplying replacements.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Oakley replacement lenses – non genuine recommendations, please.’ is closed to new replies.