Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Oakley prizm trail…. worth it ?
  • jeb

Hello

looking at the prizm trail jawbone glasses, is it a magic lens…!?

i like a lens with contrast… and if it has a bit red to it, it would be nice

I ride mostly singletrack, that some parts can be a bit dark

Or are there other alternatives ?

Thanxxx

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Since getting this lens for my Radar EVs, my VR28, Persimmon and even Black/Iridium to Persimmon Transition lenses sit unused for off road use. (Ditto the road version! Clear for really bad conditions and night, however)

shipton47
    Free Member

I have them and are great, the O/H has bought a set to replace her lenses and much prefer the prizm lenses.

scaredypants

I got a pair of those lenses as I read they were good for flat-light skiing

They are, so definitely get them

tomnavman
    Free Member

Yep, had them since they came out and wouldn’t change them – apparently the v2 are even better!

And sending the comments about the goggles – how one lens is good for bluebird and flat light days I will never know but total game changers.

tintim

They work really well and IMO are worth it. I even use them for casual wear, it makes the weather look awesome on a gloomy day! I have have the flak version.

I did consider Rad8 photochromic but the oakley’s ticked more boxes for me

BillOddie

I have Racing Jackets (Jawbones) with Prizm Trail lenses.  Only used on about 5 or 6 rides as I only got them  on May 22nd but they do appear to have some sort of super contrasty witchcraft going on.  Very happy with them!

snooze
    Free Member

I mainly riding in woods/forests and use Prizm Trail lenses in the “Summer”, but find that they cut out a bit too much light during the rest of the year and switch to clear or yellow lenses. I think I read somewhere that Oakley are bring out Prizm Trail Low Light lenses? If so these may be a better option for riding offroad in the UK.

mrmo
    Free Member

i have a set but sometimes find they don’t work very well, my guess, they highlight certain colours which can be an issue re soil and leaf colours.

bowglie

Very similar riding conditions and user experience as snooze mentions – I find they’re too dark for UK woodland trails, even in summer.  I lent mine to a pal who was thinking about getting some, and he was of the same opinion.  I’ve used them on open mountainside trails in the Alps, and there, they were excellent.  I use my Julbo light reactive ones much more than the Oakleys for UK riding.

jeb

Very tempting ! must try asap !

Thanks guys

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I have them but don’t think they provide any benefit

PROLINE85
    Free Member

I found them too dark for my local riding and sold them. Much prefer my Oakley photochromic, however would like to try the new low light versions.

jamj1974

Yes, they are brilliant.

jsync

THere are some on sportpursuit at the moment.

DT78
    Free Member

I have both off-road and road they are great for the right conditions but are not some sort of wonder lens, I find off road a little too light for bright open days

Squirrel

I have two pairs and just love them. Even use them for driving to reduce glare and improve contrast.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Oakley prizm trail…. worth it ?’ is closed to new replies.