Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oakley Prizm Low Light – any off-road users?
  • strike
    Free Member

Looking at getting a set of Prizm Low Light glasses and wondering what real-world feedback users have? To my mind I’d be using them on dull days and evenings? Can they be used at night as well?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve been riding in standard Prizm Trail on some fairly dull days and they’re surprisingly good. Mid winter late afternoon they were too dark and I was going back to my photochromics.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, Trail has been excellent in all but the worst/darkest conditions, when I switch to clear, Persimmon M-Frames or my Persimmon/Black Iridium Transition Flaks.

njee20
    Free Member

Continuing the “answering a different question” theme – I agree the Prizm Trail is a superb lens. The Prizm Low Light basically looks clear.

I wear Clear Black Iridium Photochromic at night, and they’re fine, I’d expect the Prizm Low Light to be alright.

JoB
    Free Member

as above the Prizm Low Light is basically clear but with a pinkish tinge, i use them for MTB/road all Winter where they help by boosting contrast a bit, depending what lights you have they’d be fine for night as well, although they do give things the tiniest hint of shade

Haze

Continuing the “answering a different question” theme

😀

I use them on road if it helps, okay early evening but not so much when it got proper dark.

strike
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies so far. I have Prizm Trail already (superb) so am sold on the Prizm idea. I did look at the Photochromic but have read mixed reviews, main negative being I’ve read they can be slow to lighten and also that the lense coating is on the softer side.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Prizm Low light is 75% transmission. That’s more than some photochromics at their lightest setting, but not as much as Oakley’s clear (which i think are about 94%).

I think the problem would be that’s not much at all if it gets brighter…

I’ve had Specialized and the top end Endura photochromics and speed of change has never been an issue. When you plunge from light to darkness your eyes take time to adjust as well as the glasses. What i’d *really* like is photochromic Prizm…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Prizm Low Light – any off-road users?’ is closed to new replies.