Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oakley prescription transitions
  • csb

I need prescription sunnies, so fancy Oakleys.

Has anyone had them made with the transitions lenses and if so, what colour lens?

Any cheaper places?

Ta.

bigG
    Free Member

I’ve got Oakley crosslink prescription transition lenses. I went for clear to black as I wear them as my main specs.

They’re great, not quite dark enough for super bright sunshine, but they’re certainly tinted enough for 90% of UK conditions.

I paid what felt like the national debt of Greece for them in Vision Express.

grilla
    Free Member

Prescription Black Iridium Transitions on Flak Jacket, bought online from RxSport, cheapest i could find. Absolutely love them, but thats just me compensating for the outrageous price.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    csb

They’re not cheap are they! Thanks for the advice. Anyone had or tried Emerald Iridium?

Reluctant
    Free Member

I had prescription Transitions put into my old Minute frames. Wear them for riding, driving, watching telly ~ whatever really. Cost in the region of £180/90ish….. versatile and worth the money in the long run.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Another vote for RXsport. Had half jackets for about 3 years. Seem very scratch resistant as well.

recombinant
    Free Member

I’ve got prescription lenses with polarised red 00 iridium. Coming from using ruby iridium beforehand, the higher transition and the contrast works really well on the trail. I was originally dubious if they were worth it but they’ve been on my face most of the summer and are much nicer than contacts. Mind you, I’m still paranoid about finding out how scratch resistant the iridium coating is.

njee20
    Free Member

They’re not cheap are they! Thanks for the advice. Anyone had or tried Emerald Iridium?

Not prescription but I have some Emerald Iridium Radars. Good on sunny days, but you do struggle when you get into the trees. Also have some Clear Black Iridium transitions and they’re fantastic. Definitely the lens I’d have if you’re getting one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oakley prescription transitions’ is closed to new replies.