Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oakley polarised lenses, worth the extra?
  • guitarhero
    Free Member

Buying a new lens for my Radar’s. Thinking Black iridium. Is the polarised worth nearly twice the price?
    Will be used for driving, general wear. Not for riding, snow/water sports

rs
    Free Member

Its better than not having them, i don’t find the polarization as effective as a pair of Smith polarized glasses i used to have, maybe that was because they had a darker tint though.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i like my polarised ones. just normal grey. i bought them to get rid of the annoying reflection of the dashboard in my car windscreen and they work well. Not sure i would be prepared to stump up the extra for iridium and polarised though.

TN
    Free Member

They’re good but don’t wear them if you use a mobile with a accelerometer (?) in them (where the screen display turns by 90 degrees when you turn the phone), because it is entirely possible you might think your phone is playing up when you turn it sideways and the screen goes blank.
    Not that it has ever happened to me, of course… (ahem)

Ed2001
    Free Member

In a word- no

DrJ

I love the way they make the sky more dramatic – makes a dull day more interesting 🙂

willej

Yes. If you do a lot of driving they are invaluable. I’d get a lighter lens tint than black iridium though, they’re pretty dark. Browner lenses improve contrast too, which is also good for driving. One of my best ever buys was my pair of prescription polarised sunnies.

RepacK
    Free Member

They look great & are nice shades but..when they get all scratched they are just another piece of scratched plastic, very expensive scratched plastic – try Endura they do shades which are a fraction of the price, great eye coverage & all sorts of funky designs/colours.

ps Im assuming yer using them for biking? I have a set of transitions but I only use them for driving..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think what rs says is about right…they’re certainly better than not having them, so it’s down to whether you have the money to chuck away. I sometimes sneak a wear of mrs deadly’s polarised ones if she’s left them in the car and they’re really lovely to drive with, especially on one of those days where the sky’s full of white really glary cloud.

If budget’s not a problem, then yeah, go for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oakley polarised lenses, worth the extra?’ is closed to new replies.