Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Oakley Lenses
  • buffalobill
    Free Member

As my Spesh glasses have seen better days, am thinking about buying a pair of Flak Jackets (or Half Jackets – is there really much difference?)

The idea of swapping lenses appeals – a set of clear for night riding, but what for the typical dreary and overcast days? Persimmon or Yellow?

clubber
    Free Member

persimmon is great for dull days. I seem to be using mine a lot this year!

buffalobill
    Free Member

And are they ok for those odd days when the sun appears, or will I find myself looking to purchase another lens as well?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

+1 for persimmon

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Persimmon. Yellow is for shooting etc as I recall.

qwerty
    Free Member

High Definition Yellow = never a gloomy day again 😀

XLJ lens fit my weird face betterer

or for <£5 Bolle safety from the bay

KINGTUT
    Free Member

And are they ok for those odd days when the sun appears, or will I find myself looking to purchase another lens as well?

Persimmon can be a bit bright when it gets sunny, something like a G30 or Grey lens would suit, I use Black Iridium when it gets very sunny although I was warned not to as they are so dark I'd end up hitting a skip or a parked car.

qwerty
    Free Member

i have successfully, used yellow lens for years, without – to my knowledge, shooting anyone 😉

clubber
    Free Member

In bright conditions, by choice I use grey or other darker lenses but I have been on plenty of rides where it started off dull so I chose persimmon and then it got sunny and never had any problem or found it too bright/etc.

Black iridium is only for idiots (which is why I have one for really really sunny road rides 🙂 )

JoB
    Free Member

i seem to have the Hi-Def Yellow lenses in permanently, again, i've never shot anyone

buffalobill
    Free Member

Ta very much. My finger is now hovering over the order button…

iain1775
    Free Member

half jackets here with 3 lenses – cover every situation
    Yellow
    clear (use on nightrides)
    a darker tint one (forget what) for that one summer day every year!
    used yellow when snowboarding last year as well, very good

2nd the XLJ lenses being better fit
    Have Bolle safety glasses from work though – awful for biking in, too much refraction and distorsion around the edges

clubber
    Free Member

JoB – Member
    i seem to have the Hi-Def Yellow lenses in permanently, again, i've never shot anyone

It's only a matter of time.

And everyone will say "we should have seen it coming – I mean, what kind of a person spends their life drawing a mtbing sheep?"…

JoB
    Free Member

the itchy trigger-finger and the itchy crayon-finger are the same….

Onzadog
    Free Member

I run M-frames and seem to like with the vented clears in a lot of the time. The yellows have not seen a lot of use. My VR28 is great for brighter but not sunny days and +ve red iridium for when I go somewhere sunny.

Just about the upgrade to Jawbones and wondering about lens selection.

martinb
    Free Member

I have some spare flakjackets, cut and paste advert from a while back

FS Flakjackets XLJ frames dark grey, lenses ICE, unworn absolutely brand new, still got HDO sticker on lens, with extra nose piece, bag and vault case

like this http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=9656

£75 posted

PM for further info or pics

timmys

My Oakley Jawbones came with Yellow and Black Iridium, I then bought some photocromatic lenses as well so I have;

Very Sunny – Black Iridium
    Very Dull – Yellow
    Anything in between – Photocromatic

Works for me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have the following;
    VR28 – Best all round lens there is, IMHO. Used most of all of them!
    Persimmon – Winter/Overcast snow conditions and some night rides (also used in place of goggles for much of my skiing!)
    Yellow – Rarely comes out of the vault because of the Persimmon!
    Clear – DIY/Gardening use mainly! Sometimes used on night rides.
    Old school Blue Iridium – Sunny bright days on the Plain or on snow
    Black Iridium – Used for really bright conditions only, as well as for a lot of sailing in the summer
    Polarized VR28 – In my Square Wires. Used for posing! 8)
    Gold Iridium – Again, used for bright conditions, pretty nice on snow as well.

fontmoss
    Free Member

the itchy trigger-finger and the itchy crayon-finger are the same….

i have an itchy bum finger but i try to make sure its not my itchy nose finger

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Lenses’ is closed to new replies.