Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Oakley Flight Jackets Vs Jawbreaker
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m typically quite happy with my Jawbone/Racing Jackets with Prizm Trail lenses. However, I’ve seen mention that the new(ish) Prizm Trail Torch is better in bright conditions so I fancy treating myself. Unfortunately, they don’t offer a lens for my existing frame.

Does anyone have first hand experience of bother and is able to offer advice?

The Flight Jacket seems better ventilated, but the Jawbreaker is better for swapping lenses.

T666DOM

I’ve got both, I use the jawbreaker in the winter as I can change the prism road to the transition lens. Flight jacket for the summer. Personally I think the flight jacket is more comfy and less intrusive being frameless at the top. The tilt function at the bridge does seem to slow down the streaming up off the lenses on climbs, even for a sweat box like myself.

I think Oakley missed a trick not having interchangeable lenses for the flight jacket

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve read some comments that while the lenses still feel very “Oakley”, the same can’t be said for the mounts and that they feel flimsy compared to the older stuff. Is that something you’ve found?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    T666DOM

Not really, quality wise up to the usual Oakley standard, solid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Flight Jackets Vs Jawbreaker’ is closed to new replies.