Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • oakley factory seconds
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

anyone ever bought any of these? there's this website, http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/ that are selling what they reckon are only ever so slightly inferior oakley shades and i'm wondering whether it's worth taking a chance on some half jackets, or should i just bite the bullet and pay steptoes prices for a pair?

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Hmmm looks intresting, im tempted as well

fubar
    Free Member

There is no published phone number (as far as I could see) which would put me off.

coatesy
    Free Member

Personally, I can't see Oakley letting seconds out of their factory.It's your money, but I suspect they may be a touch dodgy.

hopster
    Free Member

I would give Oakley a call. They can tell you if they are an authorised dealer. Never heard if 'Oakley seconds' before.

jedi

the used to be a oakley outlet in the galleria hatfield. they sell off last years old stock etc

jam-bo

Phone number on their Facebook page.

jordie
    Free Member

There are loads of Shops like these in the states i have bought a couple
    of pairs from one. I got a pair of M frames for £25 and i really cannot see anything wrong with them.

AdrianW
    Free Member

I've never bought any of their seconds but I've bought from this company before on a couple of occasions, never had any problems, they kept me informed and delivered next day.

kevin1911

Anyone know how easy it would be to buy a set of these 'seconds' and take them to an Oakley-dealing opticians to ask for prescription lenses to be made up?

Sidney
    Free Member

Tempted after i lost my glasses the other week…

Houns

Nice website, i wouldn't have a problem buying from them – In fact if it wasn't for the fact I've brought 4 pairs in the last week I'd be ordering from them now

Kevin1911 – It shouldn't be a problem for an Oakley optician to do that

Kevin1911 – policy may differ now, but when I asked D&A and Vision Express about this a few years ago, they said Oakley UK will only fit Oakley prescription lenses bought at the same time as the frame. I assume that didn't/doesn't apply to frames with inter-changeable lenses though (e.g. Jawbones) because people might wanna buy different/spare sets of lenses.

You could probably get non-Oakley lenses (e.g. Nikon, Transitions) done at any Oakley authorised opticians though. If you want ultra thin/high index lenses anyway, this is probably the better option as they will be able to go thinner/higher index than Oakley offer.

kevin1911

Thanks Mike. Seems a bit daft really – does that mean that if someone bought a set of glasses with non-interchangable lenses, they couldn't get new lenses if their prescription changed?

How do Nikon/Transition lenses compare to genuine oakley lenses in quality terms? My prescription is within Oakley's range I think (under +4.0), but if the others do lenses that are just as good, it may be worth looking into.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Anyone know how easy it would be to buy a set of these 'seconds' and take them to an Oakley-dealing opticians to ask for prescription lenses to be made up?

You can order genuine O prescription lenses through several web-opticians ~£150. I'm going to get some clear ones made up for my Flak jacket XLJs

fbk
    Free Member

To the OP, they claim to be a registered "Oakley Vault" with a shop in Portsmouth. Plus they feature quite highly on google shopping searches – not sure how much that means but they appear to be legit.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

We have a oakley shop here in N Herts that sells seconds and last years stock, so i can't see why this site isn't legit.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I ordered some Jawbones from there yesterday – will let you know how they are when they arrive!

showerman
    Free Member

just got back from the cheshireoaks oakley outlet got my shoes for £15 they want £35 in the eyewear outlet 8)looks like i got a better deal than i thought

brassneck

What are the prescription options for M Frames? Just want a clear lens in my prescription, but £150 seems rather a lot – can you get cheaper inserts or anything like that?

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Jawbones arrived today and are 101% genuine. No idea what makes them seconds as they are literally brand new and unmarked.

Bargain much cheapness!

whytetrash

Cheshire Oaks place is great for bargains, got some mtb shorts there for 22 quid with padded liner last week….lad working there said mtb shorts sometimes go for a tenner!

fontmoss
    Free Member

damn was hoping they sold spare lenses as well 🙁

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I don't think that website sells seconds as such, just end-of-line.

I had some Radars from them, they arrived quickly and I'm very pleased with them. AFAIK only some of their stock is seconds, and is labelled as such on the website.

I also bought some Felons, which had a defect; they promptly replied to my email about this, and offered to refund the cost of return postage.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

they specifically say that some items are seconds.
    i'm still undecided. may stick to paying a fiver for bolle safety glasses off ebay and spend the money on more waterproof clothes instead!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Had a look earlier and will be ordering myself and the wife a nice new pair each

jules.b
    Free Member

I got a set of Crosshairs from them three weeks ago. Arrived next day, properly boxed. "Seconds" but seem perfect.

woffle
    Free Member

Nice – Jawbones for £99!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Member

they specifically say that some items are seconds.
    i'm still undecided. may stick to paying a fiver for bolle safety glasses off ebay and spend the money on more waterproof clothes instead!

Fair enough – I didn't see that on any of the stuff I looked at.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Got my Livestrong Jawbones and my wife's Enduring Pace today.
    Both have the most minuscule of imperfections that would only be found if you were really looking for them.
    Very impressed. Managed to get both pairs for less than I'd have paid for the Jawbones alone.

Thanks for pointing out the site.

clubber
    Free Member

Just thought I’d add that I’ve also got my Oakleys (two pairs in fact) – ordered Thursday night, arrived Monday.

I can’t really see anything wrong with them either – maybe a pinprick of missing paint on one point of the frame and the moulding line is maybe a tiny bit more visible on the underside of one of the arms but that’s it.

Bargin.

Everywhen
    Free Member

Currently waiting for a couple of pairs of Oakley seconds from this site.
    Online transaction went really smoothly, email saying they had been dispatched was received only an hour after order was placed.

Cougar

got some mtb shorts there for 22 quid

Ooh, which shop?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’ve just taken receipt of a pair of flak jackets with the transisiton lens and a pair of radars. The radars have a tiny dimple in the frame moulding, the flak jackets are immaculate. You can possibly see the moulding line isn’t quite flush. For the mega cheapness, I’m chuffed to bits.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Goddamn I want those white Radars.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

That what I got. White radars with blur irid lens, and fjs with the G40 transition. have I spanked the CC this month 😳

They do look well pimp mind 8)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Credit card? Bad lad.

cxi
    Free Member

My Whiskers (pewter with polarized black iridium lens) turned up today. Ordered them later on Friday night, so good service.

I couldn’t spot anything from a quick look – the bag is a bit grubby but that’s not the end of the world.

timbur
    Free Member

Got some Jawbones delivered the day after ordering them. Tiny mark on the frame but nothing else wrong with them. Very nice for the price!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘oakley factory seconds’ is closed to new replies.