Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Oakley experts
  • bearnecessities

I’ve never owned a pair of sunglasses, due to my devastatingly poor face-shape for such things. However yesterday, whist letting Dad peruse colourful large-check shirts for the over 70s, I discovered a pair of Oakleys that didn’t make me look like a complete ****.

The shop only had the display model, which was a bit battered, so I’ve ordered a pair from a reputable retailer of fashionable eye-helmets.

But now back home and having a google, it’s not an Oakley UK version of frame/lens, it’s a USA version.

a) Is that normal and b) would it affect my eligibility to their legendary warranty?

Houns

You’ll be fine, sometimes models take time to show on Oakley UK’s website

What model/lens/frame colour?

martymac

I wear sunglasses at work, (coach driver) I’ve had my current pair (oakley radar, with jade iridium lens) for 5 years, they get worn most days.
    There are a few small scratches, but you wouldn’t think they were 5 yrs old, they’ve held up very well.
    I think I paid £112 for them, so about £21 a year.
    They are great glasses ime.

bearnecessities

Thanks, birth-date brother. However there’s more chance of England batting their way out of their current predicament than me being ahead of trend 🙂  I’m wondering if it’s actually a discontinued version!

This is the link to it on the American site: https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9377?variant=888392294357

I guess I’ll end up ringing Oakley to ask, but just wondered if anyone knew better to save me any embarrassment.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ever use youtube? I bet you now get adverts for william painter. **** knows why I am getting them….but the the hairy guy and some of the ladies in the ads are really getting on my wick now.

As to the oakleys, why the concern if they are a discontinued model? they are oakley, they won’t break in a hurry, and when they do break I suspect Oakley will do a decent job at treating you fairly and to your satisfaction.

Lionheart
    Free Member

A pair of riding Oakleys, Flak, 10 years old and my main glasses, Clubface, now 6 years old and backups, Tincups are Oakleys. All still look great and stand up exceptionally well.

twistedpencil

Yep my half jackets are the best part of 14years old. Keep thinking about replacing them but there’s nowt wrong with them, so can’t justify the expense (even though i know I’ll get many years out of them).

If you like them and they look alright, you’ll be fine.

frankconway

You are over-thinking their possible response based on the ‘….frame
    /lens being a US version…’.
    What does that mean?
    If the retailer is in the UK they have responsibility for fitness for purpose, quality etc as covered by the Consumer Rights Act (CRA).
    Why not contact Oakley direct if you’re still twitchy.

boombang
    Free Member

My Oakley Minutes snapped clean in half after a mere 18 years, but my others (can’t remember the name) are still doing ok after 22 years (the silicon ear grips have gone a bit baggy though).

frankconway

Oakley UK site shows two versions of Holbrook as current models – go have a look.

Houns

Those are Holbrook R’s, still quite new. Don’t worry everything will be fine

CountZero

I’ve got two pairs of original Oakley Frogskins, c1990-ish, a pair of Mumbos, c1993, a pair of WHY3’s and WHY4’s, with prescription lenses, which I’m still wearing, as my prescription has started to go backwards, both of which must be getting on for twenty years old now -titanium rimless glasses never go out of style.
    Oh, and a pair of HalfJackets I got off ebay, which are fantastic to wear.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Oakley experts’ is closed to new replies.