Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Oakley Customer Service – Fantastic
  • honourablegeorge

Somehow broke the BOA cord on my Oakley helmet the other day, helmet is about 18 monts old – sent an email in the hope that I might be able to get hold of a new BOA. Email back from Oakley – pick a replacement helmet in whatever colour/size you’d like, no need to send back the old one.

Not the first time I’ve had good service from Oakley, them seem to be one of those companies.

nickc

I tried to get replacement parts for a pair of sunnies that were about 5 years old and they said “sorry, out of warranty buy a new pair” When I said I don’t want a freebie I want to buy a bit for some expensive glasses so they don’t need to go to landfill, they said sorry, out of warranty, buy a new pair.

when I complained about that attitude I was given a voucher for 30% off a new pair, which I didn’t bother using.

so they’re not always brilliant

cb

I agree – they were up there with the best, now very formulaic in their service level. The helmet may still be within warranty at 18 months old, therefore easier for them to replace than argue or fix.

We’ve tried to get replacement parts for sunnies and had zero interest repsonses back. I’m not suggesting that they are worse than any other company, just no longer exceptional.

tabsy
    Free Member

@honourablegeorge – Have you tried BOA direct? Looks like they offer a lifetime guarantee on their product.

https://www.boafit.com/en-gb/support/warranty

crossed

I’d go the other way with Oakley and say their customer service is awful.

Spent about £800 on two pairs of prescription sunglasses from them last year, they put incorrect lenses in them so they were close to useless and had to go back.
    Oakley refused to swap them for the correct lenses and insisted that the optician they were bought from went through a warranty claim for them which would take up to eight weeks to sort.
    It was piss-poor on their part and in the end I had to threaten the optician with a credit card chargeback to get a refund.
    The optician didn’t exactly shower themselves in glory but neither did Oakley.

honourablegeorge

tabsy

@honourablegeorge
    – Have you tried BOA direct? Looks like they offer a lifetime guarantee on their product.

They do, but not for helmets, I asked them too.

honourablegeorge

nickc

I tried to get replacement parts for a pair of sunnies that were about 5 years old and they said “sorry, out of warranty buy a new pair” When I said I don’t want a freebie I want to buy a bit for some expensive glasses so they don’t need to go to landfill, they said sorry, out of warranty, buy a new pair.

They’ve helped me out twice, FOC, in that exact scenario.

branes

@honourablegeorge – Have you tried BOA direct? Looks like they offer a lifetime guarantee on their product.

Yep – BOA are very good. In my case the dog half ate a BOA on a shoe, BOA sent a new set with no questions asked, other than what exact model we needed.

nickc

They’ve helped me out twice, FOC, in that exact scenario.

Great, that makes me feel better 🤣

honourablegeorge

Luck of the draw, I guess – maybe they had parts for mine but not yours, or you got a less helpful person.

jonk

Oakley customer service is shit now they are owned by luxottica. In the good old day’s i’d break a pair and get a very good discount – have to send them back but now …. nothing!

mark88

Which email address did you contact? I’ve been trying to get support on a pair of goggles and haven’t had any response.

honourablegeorge

Just used their web form

hot_fiat

Their stock of parts for any glasses over a year old is dreadful. They’ll even tell you to look at aftermarket lenses.

The factory in Irvine CA used to be brilliant. You could go in to the service desk, drop whatever you had with you off and they’d refurbish it there and then – including my brother’s time bomb watch. You’d get free replacement ear socks, nose pieces and massive discount off lenses, which they always have stock of.

Now, unless it’s current stock, you may as well not bother. Lutoxitter have really shafted them. The “factory” is now merely an assembly shop for Chinese tat with an overgrown pump track in the car park.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.