Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • O2 Refresh – This is just for people who always want the latest phone, right?
  • samuri
    Free Member

In October I’ll have had my iPhone 4 two years (on O2).
    So I want an iPhone 5. I’ve phoned them and asked and I can go to O2 refresh for 50 quid for the phone and the same data/minutes/texts which is now a tenner a month more using their split bill thingy. I’ll be getting O2 to unlock my 4 and will be giving it to my son (he has a windows phone now and absolutely hates it). I can even do this early by paying them an extra 25 quid.

Looking on one of them comparison sites I can get the same package without paying for the phone by going to vodafone, roughly the same monthly charge.

So as far as I can tell, the only reason to stay with O2 is so I can upgrade to the latest phone the instant it comes out, is that right?

I should just phone O2, tell them I’m leaving in October and see what the offer me to try to stay but otherwise, just split because I can live with the same phone for two years. yes?

dknwhy

As far as i’m aware, O2 refresh is on all new contracts because they have been told to be clearer on what you are actually paying for, hence the split in tariff and cost of phone. Effectively, it’s a hire purchase agreement where you can pay the phone off early and then take out another hire purchase agreement on a new phone. The tariff is just a rolling contract.
    I’ve just renewed my contract with them – threatening to leave doesn’t really help anymore, all they can do is offer a price match so if you’ve seen something through another provider, give 02 the details and they will match it. I did this and have got them to do me a deal I saw through Carphone Warehouse.
    I got the HTC One (new one) with no upfront charge, unlimited texts, minutes and 1gb data for £32 a month (£15 phone, £17 tariff). It’s a cracking phone (and no i’m not anti Apple as everything else in my house is Apple)….

dmorts

I’ve been looking at upgrading on O2 to Sony Xperia Z, although Z1 is coming out shortly. The waterproofing appeals for being out on bike. iPhone 5 is too bland for me, it is a very good phone but everyone’s got one! Anyway…. from what I can see all O2 Refresh shows is how good deals are elsewhere, e.g. Carphone Warehouse, mobiles.co.uk. There really is naff all on there to tempt me to stay with O2

EDIT: Although I have got O2 to price match before so maybe I’ll try that before jumping ship…

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m probably looking for reasons to leave to be honest. Their signal is nowhere near as good as Vodafone’s is on my work phone. Don’t want this to turn into an iphone/android debate (although it probably will), I like iPhone’s, that decision has already been made.

allthepies
    Free Member

Get the Nexus 4.

😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

last month you asked how to make money quick.

this right here is something id term frivolous and if you didnt spend it then you wouldnt need to earn ask much money quick 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘O2 Refresh – This is just for people who always want the latest phone, right?’ is closed to new replies.