Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • O2 Academy Glasgow – anyone been recently?
  • legend
    Free Member

I haven’t been in few years so getting a tad confused by ticket options 😕

As far as I can remember, all tickets were equal and you could wonder around from the big bar area down to the main standing part at will. However, the ticket I’m looking at reckons its for “Balcony Unreserved Seating” – I can’t even remember there being any seating*!

Anyone here familiar with the layout/ticket situation? Somehow I doubt they would have a seating free-for-all, but would like to know before hitting ‘buy’

Cheers

*I may have been drinking

Northwind

There’s an actual balcony above which is all seated, but unreserved. Then there’s downstairs which is all standing, and is in tiers. But the tier isn’t the balcony if you see what I mean?

federalski
    Free Member

If you do not want to sit upstairs and all standing tix are already sold you can get one for the sitting area and just stay downstairs and fall about. You cannot get upstairs with a standing ticket though.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

No use to the OP but I used to go years ago when it was the Carling.

Never experienced toilets quite like it, such unmitigated anarchy.

The best of times.

Can you still sit upstairs and watch the gig on tv?

legend
    Free Member

aaahhhhh shit that rings a bell now! I remember being in the upstairs bar last time before the gig. Wont be going for these tickets then 🙁

legend
    Free Member

If you do not want to sit upstairs and all standing tix are already sold you can get one for the sitting area and just stay downstairs and fall about.

Is that a definite? Or worth giving them a quick call to check (assuming they allow it)?

Even more annoying is that the same guy’s doing a gig in King Tut’s next month – that would’ve been amazing!

Northwind

federalski – Member

If you do not want to sit upstairs and all standing tix are already sold you can get one for the sitting area and just stay downstairs

Not always unfortunately, they’re sometimes pretty strict on making seating tickets go up 🙁 This is how I got to watch Rise Against as if it was a trip to the cinema.

legend
    Free Member

turds 🙁

federalski
    Free Member

Infact… Me and a few pals have done it before, they may have got stricter though as you say. As with the OP, I have been pretty minging every time I’ve been.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘O2 Academy Glasgow – anyone been recently?’ is closed to new replies.