Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Nutter neighbour!
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Getting fed up with this chap. Really hostile and aggressive all the time.
    Today he reversed into my car and drove off, if I confronted him about it he would immediately start throwing punches. His son (pro rugby player [redacted – mod]) did the same but a lady rumbled him and knocked on my door so he came clean.
    The bloke threatened me numerous times, my brother in law, I’ve seen him punch his dog for running down the street. Just a generally nasty piece of work.
    We’re saving to move out but what do you do about living next to someone who is so aggro?

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Just tell the Daily Mail.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not sure that naming him on t’internet is the wisest move.

wwaswas

what do you do about living next to someone who is so aggro

Either keep your head down and move asap or stand up and fight.

If you do the latter them you have to go for the win and get as many neighbours behind you as you can – all of whom are willing to report issues.

My sister was a Police Inspector, her husband a retired one and it nearly broke them dealing with nuisance neighbours so don;t start unless you’re prepared to see it through.

tbh, violence (or witnessed/recorded) threats of violence probably play into your hands as the police can be involved rather than just the council.

If the son has a public profile you could try and play on that ‘you don;t want to end up in court – it’ll affect your sons career’?

feed

Take a few punches for the team while someone records from a good vantage. Issue resolved and you get a tidy sum of cash.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I wish I had my phone on me when he was punching his dog in the street. I used to box so maybe taking a slap could work, next door has cctv!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just go to the police first, explain his history and the aggression. Then move

SiB
    Free Member

If you sit there and do nothing he’ll walk all over you, some people need to be told/shown that their bullying will get them nowhere. Threatening you and actually doing something are two completely different things………but when you do confront him make sure somebody is filming it in case he does get physical, get your neighbours on board, scum like that should be tackled and not just left to think they are top dog.

binners

Punching animals? Do you live next door to Mongo?

bigyinn
    Free Member

If he’s hit your car and damaged it then he’s leaving the scene of an accident. Get the police involved and let them deal with it.

pirahna
    Free Member

From experience (I’ve had the pleasure of living next door to drug dealers) if you don’t want to move then wait until the house is empty and set light to it. Not a little bit alight that’s easily fixed, do a proper job.

Cougar

First steps, keep a diary, record every incident.

peekay

@pirahna are you genuinely suggesting that arson is the answer?!

wwaswas

wait until the house is empty and set light to it.

keep a diary, record every incident

March 21st: Set light to next door. Think I got away with it.

March 28th: handing this diary in to the police as evidence I was harassed.

seosamh77
    Free Member

If it’s going to be an ongoing situation with no end in sight, just move. Life’s too short to deal with that shit.

You basically have 4 options:

1. Do heehaw, put up with it.
    2. Do heehaw, try and get the polis to solve it.
    3. Get squad handed, do the ****(this will likely escalate… Badly. Only consider if your pals are bigger than his pals! 😆 ).
    4. Move.
    yourguitarhero
    Free Member

You say you can box. Most people can’t actually fight.

Goad him (while being reasonable) into taking a swing at you while someone films. Dodge it, hit him back once so he gets the message. He’ll be humiliated and once you tell him it’s on camera and it’ll be online/ with the cops if he keeps being an arse he’ll back down.

Probably.

What could go wrong?

funkmasterp

^^ I’d do this, but I have history of being an idiot in these types of situations. Documenting and filming the behaviour is probably the sensible approach. That or move.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

I’d be mounting cameras everywhere.
    Also, given how sensitive organisations are to their brand these days maybe have a quiet word with someone in the rugby organisation?

MoreCashThanDash

So what we’ve got is criminal behaviour and you are asking us what you should do about it…..

dissonance

Two choices really.
    Report the arsehole and hope something is done about them.
    Dont report them and move out as soon as possible (since reporting the arsehole will be a negative when selling).

This is assuming you own the place in which case downsides of the first option are lower.
    I am also assuming though you aint a hard as hell person or dont have some rather dubious mates who will resolve the problem for you. If that is untrue and you are just asking because you are nice go for option three of setting up a nice alibi and putting them in hospital.

Sorry no good answers there.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

@pirahna are you genuinely suggesting that arson is the answer?!

Foolhardy & stupid.
    Any fire could easily spread to adjacent properties causing risk & loss to innocent people.
    Apart from that……go for it!

Kuco

Does he ride a bike? If so wait till he’s on it then run the bastard over. Police will do **** all to prosecuting you 😉

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Have you considered expressing your anguish to him through mime or poetry ?

Ambrose

Are you really discussing possible ‘retribution’ on a public forum?

dirkpitt74

Police would be my first call.
    If he’s clobbered the car and buggered off that’s an offence – do you have any other witnesses?

If he also has a history of aggro then document it (see if you can get neighbours to corroborate too) and pass that to the Police too.

Good luck – crap neighbours are a nightmare.

ctk
    Free Member

If you report it to police and then decide to move, don’t you have to reveal the probs to potential buyers?

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Seems like a diary and putting up with him until he goes too far and telling the police is the answer. I don’t see the point in fighting or confronting him, nothing will be any better from it.

johnw1984
    Free Member

If you still live in Leigh, I can imagine the type of person…

Can I come with you when you move! 🙂

xcracer1
    Free Member

Don’t be anyones punchbag though – If you used to box next time he throws a punch at you chin him.

cloudnine
    Free Member

mattyfez

If you used to box then just chin him. He probably wouldn’t call the police given what you’ve said about his character.

It’s sadly the only thing some people understand.

mattyfez

Allow him to swing and miss first, obviously.

funkmasterp

Make his life an utter misery without ever revealing it’s you that is doing it. Knock door run in the early hours, post flaming poo through his letter box. That sort of thing. Take it back to the playground!

feed

Have you considered expressing your anguish to him through mime or poetry ?

Comment of the day, almost spat my wine over the keyboard 🙂

toemul
    Free Member

Yep deffo an internet winner that, take a bow fella.

Flaperon

I used to live next to a very similar guy (right down to the rugby playing son). I moved.

Might be worth checking to see if the father is involved or coaches at youth level and let the appropriate people know if so.

spekkie
    Free Member

Loving the funny comments, but feel for the OP and his frustration.

Good luck.

poolman
    Free Member

Funnily enough my elderly mother lives v near a pro boxer, there’s never any trouble. He sometimes leaves his car door open in the street. It’s pretty obviously a celeb house, a few full fat range rovers in the drive, one in camo paint.

Sorry I digress but it’s probably the safest street in uk.

csb

Talking of safe places to live, i once lived a few doors down from a met policeman. One night there was a commotion and another neighbour was confronting some pissheads about smashing his fence up, with other neighbours looking out. Sensing it was all kicking off I called the police and suggested it might be the copper in trouble. Oh my god, within about 2 minutes there were police everywhere. It was hilarious, these scroats didn’t know what had hit them.

chrisylad24
    Free Member

Feel your pain op we have been trying to deal with nightmare neighbours for nearly 3 years now council involvement and police been out numerous times there a young couple around 20s who have massive violent arguments all times of day and night lots of drug and alcohol abuse and low level dealing. They also keep 3 staff type dogs cooped up in there which I don’t think ever see a blade of grass. The one thing I will tell you is if you go down the council ASB route its torture as we have recorded every problem but due too the nature of it being private housing the lads mom owns the house but buggered off with a new fella the council cannot evict the only thing they can do is give out community protection warnings and final notice or asbo as they used to be called but it takes lots of evidence to enable this through independent witnesses ect. My advice is unless you love your house move on as if you try to fight like us you will end up trapped I am at the point where I have no faith in the law to help us out of this nightmare so it will carry on till they will probably kill each other then maybe the authorities will wake up. Its a very soul destroying situation of which no family or person should have to live with good luck OP you have my deepest sympathy

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Nutter neighbour!’ is closed to new replies.