Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Nutter blocking the track. -Who's wrong?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

sounds to me like you did the right thing – im guessing mugging etc if he violently came towards you for no reason what so ever waving you down – could have easily been watching you for a while if its a commute and thought hes an easy target – of course only really applies if it was commuting….either way i would have just kept going too… chances are if its a man on his own, being slightly violent/making an abrubt way to stop you by blocking you (trying to) , he doesnt want to shake your hand does he?!?!? its clear he was on the rob, or derranged/mental….

well done for keeping your speed up and avoiding

Forge_Master
    Free Member

maybe he just wanted to know what tyres are best for riding a 4m wide hardpack.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Had a similar thing at a race recently, where some loony showed up and started ripping up tape and posts expounding on how we had no right to close of sections of trail…… oh the irony. I didn’t catch up with her or her dog, so both are probably still walking without too much difficulty. However in retrospect, I’ve decided that the way forward in future is to enquire about their public liability cover. Might be the tack to take on your footpath.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d have stopped for a chat, however I’d have suggested my other half rode on if on her own, so I’d say you did the right thing essentially, I just like a good argument and am not overly bothered by confrontation.

glenp
    Free Member

So this bloke asks you to slow down. So you don’t? And you wonder why he got agitated?

Why not just slow down?

teamslug
    Free Member

I’m with cougar on this one. Although I would only have to slow down because the recoil from my AK47 is enough to throw me off my bike at anything over 40mph!!!!

neninja
    Free Member

Nutter or mugger – I’d have done the same as you and probably hurled a few obscenities as I passed for good measure.

BoardinBob

I had one this morning, 4 Metre wide empty hardpack on the flat. MOD land, used by walkers, MTB’ers and regular races. Me spinning along nicely going to work just enjoying it. A single bloke on his own (definitely no dog with this one) going the other way sees me 100M off and starts waving his hands and saying “slow down”.

Ha.

We had that a couple of weeks ago, heading back to the car at the end of a ride. Guy on the path up ahead sees us and he’s moved over to one side anyway. As we approach he starts going mental and screaming “SLOW DOWN” at us. We brake and pass him and he’s still going mental. As I passed him I glanced backwards…

About 100 yards further on, I notice something by my side. It’s the nutter, pedalling furiously on a BSO screaming “F*CKING SLOW DOWN” and he’s swiping at me and trying to knock me off 😆 . It’s at this point I notice he’s a bit of a mad old jakey. Mid 40s, ravaged by booze.

I slam my brakes on and he shoots past me and starts heading after my mate and he starts giving him a torrent of abuse. I catch up and he’s going mental. Told him to calm down and that we did brake as we went past him but he was verging on foaming at the mouth.

glenp
    Free Member

Well slow down properly then.

Jeez. Did anyone ever consider that they might be being asked to slow down for a reason? Just because you don’t see the reason at first glance, doesn’t mean it’s not there. And even if you can’t see the reason yourself it’s all subjective.

BoardinBob

Well slow down properly then.

Jeez. Did anyone ever consider that they might be being asked to slow down for a reason? Just because you don’t see the reason at first glance, doesn’t mean it’s not there. And even if you can’t see the reason yourself it’s all subjective.

And based on my own judgement, we weren’t going too fast, so me, you and the random glasgow junky will just have to agree to disagree.

billysugger
    Free Member

Ever been mugged glen?

glenp
    Free Member

Fair enough – I wasn’t there. No – I’ve never been mugged.

Just one of my many high horses. Cyclists don’t realise how fast it feels to everyone else. Nor do they (generally) realise just how much other people appreciate it if you stop completely or drop to walking pace.

kaesae
    Free Member

😯

MartinGT
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re the nobber tbh.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

It’s more often the female variety of non-cyclist who assume we have absolutely no control and are liable to hit anything within ten feet.

According to this apparent discrepancy, I do tend to slow down more for women than men. Call me a Gentleman.

But for someone to step out in front of a fast moving bike and deliberately expose themselves to danger indicates they don’t think the cyclist is a danger to them per se, they just don’t want anyone to be cycling along perfectly normally actually trying to get somewhere.

rusty90
    Free Member

Get out the way you nutter !

tazzymtb

MartinGT you are a little ray of sunshine aren’t you 😆

MountainCarrot, what you need is this in your saddle bags

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rFvR7Bv9Fk&feature=related[/video]

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Nutter blocking the track. -Who's wrong?’ is closed to new replies.