Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Nuts
  • jaminb
    Free Member

I really like nuts (the kind you can eat) but they are really expensive (ignoring peanuts). Does anyone have a supplier of cheap nuts, preferably not ones that have left an endangered species homeless or been flown half way around the world.
    thanks

hooli

Just google cheap nuts in your area, whats the worst that can happen 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Define expensive?

I’m eating Asda own brand bags, particularly the Fruit, Nut and Seed mix, they are £1.88 for 250g mostly.

Like this but there are half a dozen different mixes available:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/mixed-fruit-nuts/asda-fruit-nut-seed-mix/1000003093260

albo

I use grapetree.co.uk

avdave2

grapetree also very good for blanched peanuts which I use a lot in salads as well as seeds.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Lidl have good pistachios, cashews and almonds , otherwise local market if you have one

sandwicheater

I like big nuts and can not lie.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m eating Asda own brand bags, particularly the Fruit, Nut and Seed mix, they are £1.88 for 250g mostly.

Snap

Drac

Lidl or Aldi, lidli is good for scooping your nuts.

jimmy

Holland & Barrett when it’s buy one get second for 1p.

Maybe. Not sure how it compares but it’s close to work so I’ve used it.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Lidl or Aldi, lidli is good for scooping your nuts.

+1

Lidl also do useful-sized bags of shelled almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, mixed nuts etc.

preferably not ones that have left an endangered species homeless or been flown half way around the world.

Better stick to PYO hazelnuts and beech nuts in that case. Beech nuts? I remember once seeing people along the Brecon Canal with bags and bags of beech nuts they’d collected. Every time I’ve looked for a beech nut all I seem to find is a little empty case. Couldn’t even say I know what one tastes like. Remember seeing ‘Beech Nut’ chewing gum as a child. Of course later discovered that it was just a brand name. ‘Hem. As you were 😙

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I like big nuts and can not lie.

<ripple of applause>

faerie
    Free Member

Get a whole bush full of nuts by growing your own hazel

GrahamS

I just go to the garden centre and buy those big sacks of nuts with the photos of birds on them.

It’s done wonders for my singing voice.

CountZero

Lidl also do useful-sized bags of shelled almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, mixed nuts etc.

Their bags of mixed nuts are resealable and perfect for sticking in a pocket for snacking when out for a walk. Memo to self: must pop in and get some more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Nuts’ is closed to new replies.