Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nutcracker MTB Series – Swaledale
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Has anyone done this before, is it any good?

http://www.nutcrackermtb.co.uk/round6.html

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

bump…

rsvktm

Wife and I have done most of the races in the series this year and last, found the organisation and courses to be good. Swaledale is the final one of the series so they always make it even more social with evening stuff, camping and social rides day after if that is your thing.
    We enjoyed the route last year, however I think they are changing it for this year but sure will still be good.

Peter

seadog101

Typical! A bike race that is close to home when I’m away at work!:-(

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Well that was fantastic fun. Even if the climb up to the start was mental in itself.

Really long hard climb for probably 1/3 of the course and then brilliantly steep technical decent followed by technical rocky single track.

Glad it was dry, in the wet it would have been carnage.

Best course Ive ridden in years…

JustRide
    Free Member

It was an excellent course. I agree with funky dunk about the climb to the start. There were more than few finding it a strenuous climb.
    The course was in keeping with the area, steep ups and fast rocky decents. There were loads of punctures though. Most I think we’re brought on by the rocks that has been uses to fill in some of the worn tracks on the grouse land. I put a hole straight through the middle of my tyre that was too big for stans, but finished the next lap and a half with about 10 psi in the back tyre.
    I have done a couple of rounds and they are really well organised on tricky courses which image Ben loads of fun and a challenge to ride.

Bring on next year

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nutcracker MTB Series – Swaledale’ is closed to new replies.