Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • numpty Garmin route loading question !
  • iainc

I have a new Garmin 130, and have entered the world of modern communications, Strava etc 🙂

I have an old route, from my previous device (Garmin 500) in my Garmin Connect App, from 2015.  I would like to pop that onto my new 130 to use to navigate a ride this weekend – how do I do that on bluetooth ?

have looked on the Garmin Connect FAQs but not really getting anywhere !

Thanks

stumpy01

I have got rid of my Garmin & now use a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt, but it looks like you need to convert the route you have previously done, into a course.

Open the route in Garmin Connect, click on the cog in the top right corner of the screen & choose ‘save as course’. Once you have done this, there is the option to ‘send to device’.

If you want to find previously saved courses (not routes/activities) in garmin connect, you need to go to ‘training’ and ‘courses’ is in there.
    Mine didn’t show anything & I had to click on something like ‘show more’.

I really find the Garmin Connect interface an absolute nightmare to navigate!

stumpy01

Info from here:

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge130/EN-US/GUID-22D3D4E2-30ED-4D0D-BB20-9697F25FF1DE.html

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/running/forerunner-225-aa/107120-

Plus, if you haven’t seen the DC Rainmaker review, it’s worth a look – he really delves into all the detail & you can often find out things you weren’t aware of.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/04/garmin-edge-130-in-depth-review.html

iainc

Great stuff, thanks

iainc

it looks like you need to convert the route you have previously done, into a course.

this is the bit that is stumping me….

stumpy01

this is the bit that is stumping me….

because…..? What is the issue with this step?

Are you on a computer or using your phone?
    I did it via my computer at work, so it might be different on the app if you are using your phone. Or it might not even be possible on your phone using the app.

But – on a computer all you do is find the route/activity you want to create a course from, select it so it appears full page showing the main map image etc. To the top right there is a small cog, click on that and choose ‘save as course’. It should be pretty straightforward from there.

If you are trying to use the app & it isn’t working – you can log into connect.garmin.com using your browser & do it that way (create the course) using the same method.
    Presumably, once you have created the course via your browser, it will show in the app as a course & you can send it to the device.

iainc

thanks, just followed that and it worked perfectly on PC.  The option to save as a course doesn’t appear to be available on the phone app !

I then look on the phone app and see it as a course that I can send to the device – bingo.

Much appreciated stumpy01 🙂

stumpy01

Cool – no problem!

Pleased you sorted it out.
    Like I say – if you use the internet on your phone to go to the website, rather than the mobile app it will do the same thing, which might be handy in future if you can’t get to your pc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘numpty Garmin route loading question !’ is closed to new replies.