Numpty Android questions – backup & factory reset.
I suspect bookmarks will disappear.
Your bought apps should auto download when you login with your Google account, if they don’t it’s easy enough to find them in the Play store and reinstall. Although any settings/high scores etc will probably be lost.
There’s an App called “SMS Backup and Restore” which is handy if you want to hang onto your SMS messages.Posted 3 years agonemesisSubscriber
1. yes – after factory reset, it should be just like the first time you switched it on – eg none of your bookmarks
2. No, you’d need to manually download them again – you will be able to see which apps you’ve downloaded though (my apps->all apps or something similar)
3. You can download (free) app backup apps which would save you the hassle of point 2 – eg you copy all your apps to your sd card and then once you’ve done the factory reset, you can reinstall them from there without having to redownload everything.
Backup your SMS and whatsapp if you use it.Posted 3 years agoToastyMember
Will the bookmarks on the factory browser disappear?
The bookmarks should be stored in the cloud, do you have a desktop PC running Chrome? If you sign in as the same user you should be able to see the bookmarks there.
Edit: Oh, you did say the factory browser. Assuming it’s not a Nexus, this probably isn’t Chrome.
I believe apps I’ve bought already will download automatically from the store?
When you first turned the device on it’ll have asked if you wanted this behaviour. Failing that, the Play store has a “My Apps” section, this will have a list of everything you’ve installed, in chronological order. So it’s usually easy to figure it out.
Have a quick peep at https://www.google.co.uk/contacts/ to ensure it’s backed your contacts up. If not you can toggle this behaviour on the phone.Posted 3 years agoRusty SpannerSubscriber
Want to try a factory reset to see if I can rid of a couple of niggling issues.
Have backed up my photos and contacts.
I’d now like to format the memory card and perform a full reset.
Couple of questions:
1. Will the bookmarks on the factory browser disappear?
They’ve become corrupted anyway – do I need to delete them manually?
2. I believe apps I’ve bought already will download automatically from the store?
3. Anything obvious I’ve forgotten?
Thanks in advance.Posted 3 years ago
The topic ‘Numpty Android questions – backup & factory reset.’ is closed to new replies.