Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Number plate “cloning” hints and tips?
  • scotroutes

Coming out of current Covid restrictions will restore my unfettered use of the A9 but those Average Speed Cameras are a real pain as they enforce the speed limit. I was going to just swap out the number plates on the van for a random registration number but I was wondering if it was best to choose the number of a similar vehicle? What would be the easiest way of finding a suitable registration number?

Also, there are a few folk making up number plates without V5C checks. Are there any in particular that come recommended?

sweepy
    Free Member

Just use electrical tape to change an F to an E. It certainly used to work, for a while at least.

perchypanther
    Free Member

. I was going to just swap out the number plates on the van for a random registration number

TRO 11?

dissonance

I believe there are some photos of Cummings number plate available.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just get the VRM of the Transit at your local police station then get a “show” plate from eBay.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just get the VRM of the Transit at your local police station

P1 GSY ?

hols2
    Free Member

I was wondering if it was best to choose the number of a similar vehicle?

Maybe, maybe not. Post your existing number and I can check it out for you.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Average Speed Cameras are a real pain as they enforce the speed limit

Oh fing dear, how dreary for you having to obey the speed limit!

thegreatape
    Free Member

P1 GSY ?

No – P0 LIS in you, me and scotroutes case.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

TRO 11?

Very DRO 11!

🤣

hugo
    Free Member

Sticking on a fake EU numberplate would seem reasonable because of Brexit.

richmtb

I actually like the average speed cameras on the A9 (north of Perth anyway)

They make the journey quite relaxing. It’s also actually easier to overtake slow traffic because the traffic tends to be more spaced out

jimw
    Free Member

WA11 KER with a suitably placed black screw head between the 1’s? Bound to confuse the unmarked cars with ANPR

scruff9252

Speed limits are for the little people and there are clearly no benefits in driving slowly when you’re as awesome at driving as me – reaction speed of a coked up bluebottle me!

However I find fake diplomatic plates far more classy on my souped up Dacia

BoardinBob

Obvious troll is obvious

MrSparkle

When my lad had his VW cloned and started getting tickets he reckons it was because he had an ad on Gumtree that showed his plate on one of the pics (the plonker).

trail_rat
    Free Member

Only a fool would clone my plates .

It would be like that time the crims cloned a digger….and the owner of the digger got a ticket for speeding……

hugo
    Free Member

Always fun to see the ANPR trap they set up on the Princess Parkway into Manchester every so often. They snap them up the road and fill a car park with dodgyness in double quick time.

nickc

Cautionary tale… I got hard stopped on the M62 by 4 cops including the armed response team while in a rental Beamer as some numpty had typed a B instead of an N on the number-plate

So yeah, Upside: breaking speed limiting with impunity, Downside:  being mistaken for a drug dealer.

scotroutes

Ah – Gumtree, eBay etc might throw up a few options.

Also, If I take a photo of my van and then do an image search on Google?

It was the ANPR risk that I was hoping to circumvent by finding a similar vehicle.

swavis

It was the ANPR risk that I was hoping to circumvent by finding a similar vehicle.

I know a Devil of a man with a similar van to yours, I don’t think he’d take it too well and I wouldn’t want to be you if you did though 😆

mjsmke

Or just stick to the speed limit?

bsims
    Free Member

No need. Just say you work for the government as an advisor and/ you are testing your eye sight. There is a real life example of both of these being used to bypass laws.

kcal

lol @swavis 🙂

piemonster

Slow day at the office Scotroutes 😂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Slow day at the office Scotroutes

59mph slow.

metalheart
    Free Member

Did we ever find out why Scotroutes mixed crystal meth into his porridge this morning?

@perchy: LGV on A9 speed limit = 50mph… that’s why I put Scotroutes numberplate on my van before venturing out on it…

murdooverthehill

Maybe a case of clonavanirus

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Number plate “cloning” hints and tips?’ is closed to new replies.