Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Nukeproof Reactor
  • SirHC
    P-Jay
    Free Member

“The original Reactor launched back in 1996 and was a hardtail with linkage for, the new bike is nothing like that, and features aggressive geometry, new carbon frames and a choice of wheel sizes.”

But what was the linkage for!

Looks good though, and the cheaper ones look decent value.

ta11pau1

Linkage fork

The new one looks much better.

Liking the burly (lyric/36) build on a 130mm 29er trail bike. Specs are good for the price too.

fingerbang
    Free Member

£1900 for alloy frame only! <Eyes wide open emoji>

ichabod
    Free Member

£1900 for alloy frame only! <Eyes wide open emoji>

To be sold at a 40% “discount” obviously 😉

honourablegeorge

160mm front and 150mm rear with DH wheels and a Lyrik is an interesting interpretation of “trail”. I like it

scruff
    Free Member

I like it- decent value, good geo., metal, threaded BB, muted colorway.

ta11pau1

160mm front and 150mm rear with DH wheels and a Lyrik is an interesting interpretation of “trail”. I like it

I foresee a new category of bike coming out, let’s call it ‘trailduro’

130/140mm travel, but with enduro spec parts – made for smashing rock Gardens downhill and then blasting back up.

chrismac

Looks great. I wonder if they will fo a trail version with exotic level trail tyres and trail wheels. I don’t need dh wheels and would rather save the 1kg by using trail wheels and tyres.

binman

Trailduro or Entrail ?

Northwind

Geomometry looks good. Like it a lot.

As far as trail vs enduro goes… The 29er sits in exactly teh same space as my (rather old) Trek Remedy 29. It was definitely always seen as and pitched as a trailbike, but then just sort of accidentally became the most succesful enduro race bike ever. I do like the new crop of monstrous enduro bikes but they’re not the only way to do it.

geex
    Free Member

it absolutely never gets old whenever northwind mentions his successful EWS women’s category winning trail bicycle.

I reckon TMo would still have won all those early derp races on her kona from 1999

ta11pau1

Entrail

I believe that’s the new Rocky Mountain enduro bike.

The Rocky Mountain Entrail. 180mm of full on Gnar! It’s so fast you’ll spill your guts!

tails
    Free Member

Looks good if a little burly for my kind of riding. Also looks very much like those scott genius from a few years back. Hope it’s cheaper than those frame only rrps.

ta11pau1

You’d have to be the unluckiest person in the world to buy a bike from chain reaction when there’s not a sale on.

wors

Any specs for the alloy versions knocking around? Can’t see any anywhere.

mahalo

You’d have to be the unluckiest person in the world to buy a bike from chain reaction when there’s not a sale on.

this bike is so sorted in every department i doubt they’ll ever need to discount em! i hope im wrong.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It does look like a whole lot of fun!

Aren’t nukeproof distributed via hotlines rather than just sold at crc? Not sure how many shops actually stock them but the prices might remain close to RRP to protect those sales.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Reactor’ is closed to new replies.