Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nukeproof Reactor sizing?
  • BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Pretty much decided I want one of these for my next bike (probably a 290) and I wanted to get some views on appropriate sizing.

I’m 6’2″ with a 32″ inside leg. Previously I’ve had a mix of L and XL bikes. Current bike is an L but it’s a pretty old Giant Trance X and I often feel like I could do with a bit more reach. But it’s probably got quite different geometry to a new bike.

Who’s got one, what size are you and what size do you ride?

Cheers

ads678

I’ve got  medium Reactor but I’m only 5’8/9″ish with 30″ inside leg I think. Fits perfect though.

Great bike as well. So pleased I bought it.

PolisherMan

5′ 10″ 32″ leg.
    Went from a med. Giant Trance (funnily enough!), which always felt a little cramped to a large Reactor.
    It JUST fits. I had to reduce the dropper to 145mm. Reach wise it feels perfect for me, not over stretched at all. An xl could be an issue, check the seat tube length…
    Great bike!

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Just to update on this in case anyone else comes along with the same question:

In the end I went for an XL. Apart from having a 213mm travel dropper, of which I use only about 150mm, the XL is perfect for me, really comfy riding position.

bikesandboots

I’ve got medium Reactor but I’m only 5’8/9″ish with 30″ inside leg I think. Fits perfect though.

Just to add my 2p for anyone searching in future, I’m 5’8″ also with a 30″ inside leg and it would be too long for me sat down. Might look fine from the top tube length, but the slack seat angle puts the saddle too far back. Haven’t sat on one but I have on a bike with the same TT/SA geometry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.