Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Nukeproof megawatt
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just seems odd to me to have all that power, but wanting to be conservative and use eco mode so you can ride all day. But as I said, I’m not an ebiker, no desire to be… yet

I’m off to buy a Porsche but I’m only gonna use first gear. Don’t wanna go too fast as I’ll use the petrol up too quickly ;o)

tomhoward

It’s a bit easier to find, and fill up with, petrol on the road network than it is to find, and fill up with, electricity in the middle of nowhere.

chiefgrooveguru

“ Just seems odd to me to have all that power, but wanting to be conservative and use eco mode so you can ride all day. But as I said, I’m not an ebiker, no desire to be… yet

I’m off to buy a Porsche but I’m only gonna use first gear. Don’t wanna go too fast as I’ll use the petrol up too quickly ;o)”

Ebikes don’t have very much power so most of the fun comes from the descents which are powered by gravity like a normal bike, so your Porsche analogy totally misses the point.

It’s more like if you were given the choice between 5 ascents on a fast ski lift or 12 ascents on a slow one. You choose the one that gets you the most fun in a day.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah it was loose tbf 🙂

So you use the ebike to get up hills so you can then drop down the other side faster with all the extra weight, then ebike back up again? We have the similar approach here – uplifts then bomb downhill. Repeat until the uplift truck finishes for the day.

Not my bag but each to their own. I’m sticking to acoustic until my legs tell me going up hills are no fun any more! I’m kinda ebike curious but im not considering buying one. I’d probably stick it in turbo mode then grumble its dead in 20 mins whole pedalling back 25kg of wet muddy ebike.

I’ll stick to my zaskar and my lynskey full sus for the forseeable future.

chiefgrooveguru

“ I’m sticking to acoustic until my legs tell me going up hills are no fun any more!”

Ebikes are best when you like pedalling uphill. If you hate pedalling then you’ll hate hitting the cut-out speed (where you lose all assistance) and be scared of running out of battery power. Mine is used to speed up my commute (uphills and headwinds – the power is off the rest of the time), to get me to group rides faster (because I’m always running late and I’d rather ride there than drive) which I then ride with the power off unless my legs are giving out, for lapping steep stuff so I don’t have to push up like on my normal bike or for full turbo solo trail rides when I don’t have much time.

I spend so much time riding it without the power on that I’m pretty much oblivious to the extra weight. It does make my hardtail feel very lively – but also a lot less stable!

mashr

Repeat until the uplift truck finishes for the day.

If you take an ebike along instead you might find you get more runs in than those using the uplift truck

chakaping
    Free Member

Rode past Elliot Heap with his Megawatt this morning.

By ebike standards it’s actually reasonably good looking. Probably because the seat stays and top-tube align fairly neatly.

sharkattack

I like the look of these but where do you take it when it breaks? Do you start posting chunks of it back to CRC or Wiggle and just be out of action for weeks or months on end?

chakaping
    Free Member

Nukeproof have a dealer network, don’t they?

StuE
    Free Member

Took my Esommet to local Shimano service centre when I got the dreaded EO10 error code

julians
    Free Member

Shimano dealer network should be able to sort any motor related issues

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof megawatt’ is closed to new replies.