Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega TR 275 – Anyone used a 140mm fork
  • scandal42
    Free Member

As title really,

I might possibly be getting a frame and looking at build options, 150mm forks are seeming quite hard to come by in my budget without the need to reduce travel from 160mm.

Reading up on the TR frame it rates 140-160 and 150 seems to be the standard travel most use.

Any experience with 140mm?

2014 model by the way

benpinnick

Whats the budget?

scandal42
    Free Member

Ideally £300

Although 2nd hand, unless very cheap is not my preferred method due to the amount of shit I have had with forks in the past.

I don’t want to lay down 300 notes and then have an air leak appear 2 weeks later with no warranty.

There is a possibility I buy some cheap Sektors and then look for something better going forward.

*running coil Sektors at the moment and loving the simplicity.

mattherby
    Free Member

I’ve recently built up a Mega tr and put a set of 150 mm Sektor Gold coil forks on it. Took the bike for an uplift day at my local place (Bike Park Wales) and it rode the trails very well. Most of the blacks were done without me dying so I’m happy.

Sektor coils can be had brand new for £250 ish. I have considered selling mine because I have a small fetish with spending money and buying something different for the Mega

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega TR 275 – Anyone used a 140mm fork’ is closed to new replies.