Nukeproof Mega opinions, alternatives around 2k?

Home Forum Bike Forum Nukeproof Mega opinions, alternatives around 2k?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega opinions, alternatives around 2k?
  • Herman Shake

A mate’s looking at the Mega (in sale at CRC) but I suggested the El Guapo is worth a peek which has him pondering. Anyone with experience of either or another 150mmish rufty tufty bike for under £2k got any recommendations? I think he wants to buy new.

Cheers 🙂

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Won’t go too far wrong with a Mega really. Mine seems to go alright. Feels like too much bike occasionally, and sometimes like too little bike, but mostly it’s good.

Mugboo

Buy the Mega then fire the shock straight off to Loco to give it the tune that Nukeproof should have given it.

To be truthful it probably comes down to looks…

mulv1976

I’m loving my mega more and more every time I ride it. The shock isn’t as bad as everyone makes out – rebound didn’t seem adjustable for the first few rides, so it felt a bit unresponsive. Now it’s settling in and feels great. I paid 2250 for one and I don’t regret it in any way – seems to be getting better each time!

Mugboo

Shock isn’t that bad but if it can be improved for less than the cost of a fancy tyre then why the hell not…

Nonsense

Obligatory Canyon Strive / YT Wicked suggestion?

mulv1976

I’ve not found the need to tune the monarch after running it in for about 100 miles – works well now but admit it was pretty unresponsive for the first 3-4 rides. Maybe people don’t give them enough time to ‘settle’?

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Subscriber

NS Soda air 2013 (maybe a bit over budget)

I didn’t get on with the high volume air can – too linear so needed high pressure to avoid bottoming out, thus losing small bump sensitivity.

It’s an easy fix to reduce the air can volume which I find much better able to resist big hits while staying plush.

Depressurise, remove o-ring and high volume sleeve and pack the gap between the air can and high volume sleeve.

Love my Mega, great bike for all sorts of riding and good value for money.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

1 year old e-bay trade in?

boxxer7

Only grip with my mega which is 2 years old now! Is that it is as kayak23 said its sometimes too much bike. It’s long for an AM bike, which can make it hard to corner on tight sections. But all in all its a great bike.

Herman Shake

Isn’t swapping kids for bikes illegal?

I think he’s going for the El Guapo. The spec’s damn good for the cash and I think they fall in the right gap between climby and burly for him.

Cheers for the replies.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega opinions, alternatives around 2k?’ is closed to new replies.