Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nukeproof Horizon V2 Hub Sticking – servicing didn’t help
  • steamtb

My freehub started sticking on a ride the other day, making the bike unrideable unless I was applying load when pedalling. I stripped the freehub down, cleaned and reassembled, which made no difference. I then ordered new pawls and springs, installed those and still no difference 🙁 any idea on what the issue is? I can’t see anything else amiss so I’m a bit stumped… thanks 🙂

joebristol

When you say sticking do you mean it won’t freewheel?

transition1
    Free Member

Am pretty sure the V2 hubs are same as Spank Hex hubs. Are you missing a spacer? Contact Hotlines for info, they might be able to help

steamtb

It freewheels intermittently then sticks and won’t.

It’s not missing spacers and I followed the nukeproof guide for stripping and reassembling.

joebristol

Have you checked the freehub bearings?

frogstomp

Is it definitely the freehub that is sticking? A worn drivetrain can give similar symptoms when chain suck occurs on the chainring as here. Under load it can be less noticeable because there is more tension on the chain.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Correct same hub freehub as spank hex and 1st Gen hunt Enduro
    It’s most likely a hub bearing rather than freehub
    There Enduro bearings but they might feel smooth but change them both and I’m 87% certain that’ll sort it

steamtb

Thanks everyone. It has a new chainring. I will order some new bearings! 🙂

steamtb

@Big-Bud it was the hub bearings, thanks, I would not have thought that!

Slight delay and only just fixed it. The drive side hub bearing was knackered and when I went to take it out, it literally fell apart leaving just the outer race flush in the hub. I couldn’t get it out so dropped it at Dave Mellor’s and they ended up removing it with a dremel, as there were no other options. All sorted now though! The freehub was fine.

All turned out well though, when I realised it might be a while to get it fixed, I ordered a spare set of the same wheels in the sale, epic bargain! 🙂

Big-Bud
    Free Member

@steamtb your welcome mate no problem.
    Glad you got it sorted .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.