• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nowtv cinema resolution
  • meeeee
    Free Member

Is Nowtv sky cinema just 720 resolution?

Getting a new TV, so would 720 look rubbish on a 50 inch TV?

Thanks

Cougar

How far away will you be sitting? Beyond maybe 3m away you’ll not be able tell the difference between 720 and anything higher.

Drac

Yup 720p and unless you Mr Magoo it’s noticeable but perfectly watchable.

meeeee
    Free Member

Thanks, might as well give it a try then – Argos have to Nowtv sticks in with 3 months cinema for 19.99 so will go grab one today.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Don’t worry, Sky have promised to roll out 1080 by the end of 2017 2018 2019

jon1973
    Free Member

Absolutely fine on my 65″ (sitting about 8′ back)

Cougar

Sky have promised to roll out 1080

Sky have done 1080 for years, just interlaced.

dyls

Will sky roll out now tv in full hd though, it will kill off their premium service as now tv is cheaper, no contract etc.

jon1973
    Free Member

Will sky roll out now tv in full hd though, it will kill off their premium service as now tv is cheaper, no contract etc.

This is what I always assumed. They’re holding back the quality. You can get now TV movies for £7.50 a month using the vouchers. If I want the subscription thru Virgin I’d pay around £20.

mkidley
    Free Member

Looks like they’ve finally rolled it out, but at a cost.

“boost” package for £3 a month that gives you 1080p, 5.1 Dolby and Sky sports is finally 50fps

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost

rone

NowTV has always been down on resolution and bitrate. And some of the masters don’t look the best but it’s completely watchable. It’s not Netflix in terms of delivery though.

Drac

1080p at last they’ve joined the 2010 market.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nowtv cinema resolution’ is closed to new replies.