Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Now TV for broadband and landline?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Our BT deal is coming to an end and new offer looking expensive. Now TV seem to be the cheapest deal we can find but no idea how good their service and router are – any experience on here?

(Yes, we still have a landline, mobile signal can be variable here)

cinnamon_girl

I use them for landline and broadband only and they were far cheaper than any of the other offerings. Was rather concerned at some of their reviews but I’ve had no issues at all, set up was easy and painless. As regards the router, it seems just like all the others cos I change provider every year. However, there was an interesting thread on here ages ago where some said that they’d replaced their freebie router with something better etc. May be worth searching?

andrewreay

No issues here either. Used them as they were by far the cheapest.

They are just re-badged Sky and use their infrastructure, if that helps and you weren’t aware.

Jerm

Works for me too. As stated, it is the same router you get with Sky. It’s okay but the range isn’t great. I think that probably applies to most free routers though.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for the replies.

The router is a bit of issue – got an older BT router at the moment in a fairly big 4 bed house. Both of us working from home and kids home schooling has put it under a bit of pressure

cp

We’re on now TV phone and broadband. Couldnt be touched on price, with anytime calls included too.

Generous topcashback as well.

Router seems ok. Old stone built house here and WiFi gets to opposite corner of house from lounge to attic ok.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks cp.

Think we might give them a go

Murray

I’ve got exactly that, just renewed for another year. Re the router – get a mesh wifi setup, it’s loads better. I have this one

savoyad

Just use the online chat to ask BT to match the Now TV price. They almost certainly will. Worked for me with the cheapest price off a comparison site for what I wanted, even adjusted for cashback. You’ll have to browse this forum or whatever in another tab while they disappear to “ask their supervisor” but it’ll still be quicker than the hardware changeover if you move. And it eliminates the (OK, slight) risk of a mess up or service degradation at changeover.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Now TV for broadband and landline?’ is closed to new replies.