Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Now, this could tempt me…van content
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Looks ok to me…

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & all that 😉

Suggsey
    Free Member

And envy is in the eye of the person that can’t have one 😆

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & all that 

I was talking about the leg room….

STW is a funny old place. If I’d posted a picture of this, everyone would probably be falling over themselves to say how amazing it is…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s beautiful. I could rig up some plywood, hang a curtain, sling a few bungees in there and start a thread about it. It would run for weeks.

*drools*

Haha 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

But it’s got black plastic bumpers, now if it were an interesting colour & maybe had a bodykit, oh wait…

mark90
    Free Member

The rear seat in the T5 does look a long way forward. Certainly looks further forward than the one in mine, which is also a triple.

Edit, mine also has been fitted with a second set of floor mounts so it can be set back to give loads of living space when the fronts are swiveled. Although too far back door the side seatbelts so only the centre seat can be used for travelling when in that position.

mark90
    Free Member

Actually in the cold light of day comparing with mine I don’t think the seat position is that (if any) different. The position of the front seats in the swivelled pic doesn’t help the appearance. The passenger could be slid back against the dash, the driver side less so due to wheel. There is admitedly not a great amount of room with the seats swiveled but it’s fine for a wet picnic with the kids. When driving there is plenty of room, leg and width, for 3 adults to comfortably sit in the back. Did Le Mans and back this year sat in the back of one between 2 6’+ broad shouldered lads.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`ve just been through this process…..

It came down to a 6 month old T5 Combi, 180 DSG, SWB with 10,000 miles on it

Or a new LWB Transit Doublecab in van (Kombi) 155ps but manual.

I chose the transit in the end, I`ll be interested to see what the residuals end up like in 3 years, but on finance cost alone the T5 over the same period was £3600 more expensive with a +£3000 bigger balloon payment at the end too.
    £6600 more expensive over 3 years and the base starting price was £1600 higher as well.

I`ll be interested to see whether the Residual value is £6k plus difference 3 years down the line.

I liked both, the transit drove better (Although the DSG and extra power was lovely in the T5) and had a better equipment level.

With a Bulkhead it also (For me) makes a much more sensible bike van.

You could easily do a 6 blokes, 6 bikes (Wheels on) and kit roadtrip in total comfort.

mark90
    Free Member

You could easily do a 6 blokes, 6 bikes (Wheels on) and kit roadtrip in total comfort.

Even the two on the front double? We had 4 comfy people at any given time 6 up in T5 kombi.

cr500dom
    Free Member

There feels to be more room for everyone than in a T5 yes ;o)

Admittedly none of my mates are 18st+ either 8)

mark90
    Free Member

Two of my mates, who are bothers, have freakishly wide shoulders. I feel sorry for their mother 😯 😆

Well, the brown T5 didn’t hang around long, so that one is a moot point.

However, I now have my eye on this one. The windows have been added, hence no sliding door on the drivers side. There are currently no rear seats, but I’m thinking of having 2 added (rather than 3) to make it more useable – cost £750.

It’s got a nice spec though – 180bhp, DSG, 4-Motion, Sat Nav etc

tinybits
    Free Member

I like that a lot. What’s the price out of interest?

nosedive
    Free Member

are the 4 mo versions still £480 a year to tax?

£26k

Not sure about tax, but when you stick £7.5-10k in the tank a year, it isn’t really an issue.

bearnecessities

Fine looking van. Wheels aren’t too offensive.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Regarding the brown T5, not quite sure why you’d want to rotate the front seats unless you wished to bang knees with rear seat passengers.?

Lovely though, how much are they?

allfankledup

Get dual rear sliding door if you can…..a must have when dropping the kids at school etc, and just makes life easier…..

The rear kombi seats (2+1) are great – lots of room for passengers, and easy to remove one or the other as needed (been fetching and carrying plywood sheets this week)

The Kombi rubber floor is a must have IMHO.
    Nice colour by the way

I don’t need 6 seats and certainly won’t be dropping my 14 yr old at school – she’d rather crawl over broken glass!

Three seats in the back would be a waste 99% of the time and being a work van – working on the highways, I would always access from the verge side.

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Now that is a lovely van!! Almost makes me think about getting another before I get the discovery

Can you not get the two rear seats on rails. Looks like a long wheelbase so when using it for work you can just slide me forward giving you pretty much the space of a normal van and then for weekend trips you can slide em back and have proper space for adults and perhaps get one of those clip in tables. Also useful for work to do all the paper work on if you don’t have a site office

Saying that my kombi is the only car where someone can comfortably sit behind me.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Now, this could tempt me…van content’ is closed to new replies.