Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Now, this could tempt me…van content
  • Still not decided on my next ‘work’ vehicle, but got my eye on this…

For some reason, Mrs STR doesn’t want me to have this one…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Both look quite tragic in a middle age man ram raids halfords kind of way , which is a shame because they were both good base vehicles that could have been nice.

I’ll agree the Transit is brash, but nowt wrong with the VW

trail_rat
    Free Member

Except gaudy wheels , nasty body kit/sidesteps and its not one of the nicer colours about.

I dont mind the colour of the transit – its more the nasty wheels and the transformers mirrors .

Northwind

Horrible wheel 101.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Even on second look the transits the nicer out the two.

Northwind

I do like how the Transit looks like these guys:

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Either would be good for me. 😀

skinnyboy
    Free Member

They both scream Pikeys done good

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Really don’t like the Transit but the T5 is lovely.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Both gaudy baubles. especially that ugly **** ford. GOLD??? just stop making gold cars you muppets.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As a daily van driver I’d happily drive either! Who cares what others think. Surely half the roadies on here who squeeze into their mamil suits don’t care?

piemonster

I’d be ditching the wheels on the VW

I’d be selling the Transit.

mooman
    Free Member

Aren’t the transits either low powered or very thirsty in the engine choice?

Transporter is the safe choice. Bit of a waste on only two seats up front though.

RustyMac

Hora would love the colour of that VW. I’m with the rest that it looks a bit naff. Do like the interior though.

maccruiskeen

chakaping
    Free Member

Both look quite tragic in a middle age man ram raids halfords kind of way , which is a shame because they were both good base vehicles that could have been nice.

😆

I’ve got respect for anyone who chooses a van as their main vehicle, but the Max Power stuff isn’t to my taste either.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Is you a pimp?

z1ppy

its not one of the nicer colours about.

That being very nice about it, it’s “shit” brown, WTF would anyone buy it in that colour? (other than it maybe discounted)
    There’s one in the colour up the top end of the village, it does not look any better in real life.

Crell
    Free Member

I’d go for the t5 (mostly because that’s like mine… Minus wheels and bars).

I was talking to an AA man a couple of days ago who said there’s “no comparison” between their old t5 fleet and the new transits. (That was to repair another car before anyone says it 🙂 ).

robowns
    Free Member

I can imagine that the Transporter would be very difficult to drive, although very easy to reverse park.

epicyclo

Both would be improved by a nice set of flames around the wheel arches and a GT stripe. 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

lol

the “rims” on the VW are fugly and the Ford is too dekotora.

bearnecessities

The yellow thing looks like a fiesta that’s been given some PX-41.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Less flash and more purposeful perhaps

rickmeister

I’ll take the vw in remapped PDF deleted 4motion guise thanks…. That or a remapped 175 4motion caddy cross in viper green..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Seems to be a lot of green on this thread!. I’d take either in a heartbeat!.

Ewan
    Free Member

I can imagine that the Transporter would be very difficult to drive, although very easy to reverse park.

Very good 😆

AD

Quite like the T5 – but if it bothers you what others think you could buy a nice entirely sensible Mondeo estate or similar 🙂

Having said that I drive a gold Forester S so my taste in cars probably is a bit ‘pikey’…

castanea
    Free Member

I’d rather have one of these fiats. Great payload and economy.

downgrade
    Free Member

rickmeister – Member

I’ll take the vw in remapped PDF deleted 4motion guise thanks….

You just prefer word documents? Or you mean DPF because we all really struggle to get enough particulates in out diets?

Wow, expected hatred for the Transit, but thought there would be love for the VW.

The Tranny isn’t a standard Ford colour, it’s a totally one off custom, with bespoke leather interior and 180bhp re-map (from 155)

I don’t mind the poo brown of the VW and think the wheels look ok tbh

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

but if it bothers you what others think

He’s just had a WHITE pick-up 😀 written off FFS. I don’t think he really cares what any of us think. And I applaud him for that. I love T5s and we’re considering swapping in our estate to have one as the main car, but that one would be a bit blingeddy-bling for my liking. It would also get broken into in a heartbeat in my neighbourhood!

Haha – yep, I think you know I don’t give two hoots dd 😉

How’s things? How’s the vaping going?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I like the T5 because I’ve just bought one. Even down to the 22″ RR wheels (but they are most likely getting changed for something a little smaller with a deeper tyre profile).

Beats a BerlingoMondeoOctavia…

iamroughrider
    Free Member

VW looks amazing. LOve it. 🙂

matt_outandabout

There is no room between the seats in that T5 – if you had 5 of you, your legs would all be tangled up and bashing…and even if the front seats were right way round, there is no leg room.

What is behind it, taking up all the room in the back?

What is behind it, taking up all the room in the back?

Erm, that’ll be the load area – the van part of it?????

Looks ok to me…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Now, this could tempt me…van content’ is closed to new replies.