Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Now that’s a good looking ebike
  • easygirl
    easygirl
    weeksy

Mmmm that’s very very subjective

kayak23

Wow. They’ve managed to make a standard 301 even uglier. 😳

Eye of the beholder though innit 👍

ta11pau1

It’s carbon and yet designed with just a ruler? I mean give it at least a few curves!

DezB
    Free Member

WW2 Ebike?
    A monster.

easygirl

I love it !

kayak23

That’s all that counts 😊👊

sirromj

I quite like it too, sick of all that curvy shit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

funkmasterp

That looks horrible.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

12 pints and a double bagger minimum.

Fugly, like all motability mountain bikes.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Can´t bring myself to agree with you OP, but I will admit this one would turn my head.
    Best looking leccy bike so far imho.

Ezesty

singlespeedstu

Sooty sounds like he might actually fancy a bit of ebiking but is in denial.

tdog
    Free Member

No such thing as a good looking ebike- NEXT

ctk
    Free Member
    Poopscoop

Looks wise there is nothing to touch this YT at the moment.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

@singlespeedstu – I will admit that when my health starts to decline I will consider a motability mountain bike but, as with any non-frail cyclist, purchasing one now would be wholly inappropriate.

Sui
    Free Member

its good to have the old S&J back.. I also agree with the sentiment, though that Lapierre looks alright. however what do i know, im still on 26″ pig iron..

stevied
    Free Member

They should have called it the E-01 🙂
    I like a Liteville (have one) but it’s not the nicest looking thing out there. I would imagine it to be very good though as they don’t tend to rush things out to market before they’ve got it right.

DezB
    Free Member

there is nothing to touch this YT at the moment.

The YT Bluto.
    They’re all ugly.
    But ugly can be FUN too, as we all should know by now.

philjunior
    Free Member

I was expecting the OP to be along the lines of “Said nobody, ever”.

I can see I was sorely mistaken. And even from a good angle in photos it’s a bit “subjective”. Still, I don’t like the styling/design of items including but not limited to the following:

Any car made in the past 15 years

iAnything

Modern “light grey on dark grey to look ooooh soooo minimalist” websites. You might think I’m referring to one or two, but I mean pretty much anything since Myspace died. Not that I liked Myspace, it’s just a good archaeological marker.

chakaping
    Free Member

I heard Helix are taking legal action over the design infringing one of theirs…
    null

andy10011
    Free Member

Looks horrible just like every ebike

daveylad
    Free Member

Love an ebike thread, always bring out the poor people who cant afford one 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I am in no way anti-ebike, ride what you like and give the rest of us something to aim at on the trails 🙂 But I’ve never seen a good looking one, sorry. Not that that matters to me, I have an Orange.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep, they may be very useful and tons of fun but let’s not pretend they’re don’t all occupy various points of the spectrum of gopping-ness.

What’s more interesting to me is, how much do aesthetics come into it for the average e-biker? Considering none of them actually look good, do you still choose a less gopping one or are looks completely out the window?

roverpig

Good for you @easygirl You like it and you’re nailing your colours to the mast.

Mountain bikes are a strangely conservative bunch when it comes to looks. If it doesn’t look like all the other bikes it’s apparently “gopping”.

Blackflag
    Free Member

The Lapierre is winning simply because it looks less like an ebike than all the others.

funkrodent

Agree that most are a minimum of meh in the looks stakes. However that Lapierre is indicative of how the design is evolving. Can hardly see the bulge of the engine and the battery is integrated in a way that makes the downtube look almost normal. You can still tell its an ebike, but it’s not far off. In five years time you’ll struggle to tell the difference..

chakaping
    Free Member

Mountain bikes are a strangely conservative bunch when it comes to looks. If it doesn’t look like all the other bikes it’s apparently “gopping”.

What’s more strange is that e-bike makers haven’t put more effort in to make them un-gopping.

The YT and Lapierre are getting there, but the grossly larger downtube still removes any chance of proportionality in the design.

Some real stinkers in here though…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sootyandjim

12 pints and a double bagger minimum.

Fugly, like all motability mountain bikes.

E-bikes are like mopeds.

Great fun but you wouldn’t want your mates to catch you riding one.

Kuco

chakaping, thats the first thing I thought off when I saw it 🙂

singlespeedstu

as with any non-frail cyclist, purchasing one now would be wholly inappropriate.

As expected sooty totally misses the point of ebikes.
    If you wait until that point you’ll not be able to make the best of them.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Now that’s a good looking ebike’ is closed to new replies.