Now I really get it…..forget the hype and just ride !

Home Forum Bike Forum Now I really get it…..forget the hype and just ride !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Now I really get it…..forget the hype and just ride !
  • godzilla

Just got back today, suffering from van lag, only 355 days till i can go again.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-GnwDF7XGE[/video]

stim

Some amazing riding in that area. Did you take the lift out of Grimentz and then climb up to Becs du Bosson (3000m, incredible view) and then descend down the shale slope to the lake? Its part of the longer Brazilian loop.

pymwymis

Been wondering what all the hype around Alpine holidays is all about. Never booked one as I always felt the bike wasn’t up to the job (steep head angle, wrong wheels, clipless pedals etc etc).

Shouldn’t have listened.

Friends have a chalet in Grimentz and so I took my bike along when invited for a few days. Bloody brilliant ! Did a 1500m descent yesterday from the top of one of those pointy mountain things. Had to practically sit on the rear wheel at points due to steepness, wondered frequently when my brakes would run out, and genuinely tested my bike for possibly the first time.

I now really get the point of slack head angles, large brake rotors, flat pedals and long travel. I am hooked. Levels of technicality greater then I have ever ridden and for 1/2 an hour at a time. A lot more pure fear than usual also but what a sense of achievement. The bike may not have been the most appropriate but what a blast.

Now to finish my Liteville build…..

pymwymis

No, went fr Grimentz to Zinal (XC) then up the cable car and further to the Corne de Sorebois at 2900m. From there down to the Barrage de Moiry and back to Grimentz at about 1500m

Corne de Sorebois very steep at top. Expected an OTB moment at any time. Plenty of exposure which is very unnerving.

Absolutely fab and not over-run with bike and tour companies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Now I really get it…..forget the hype and just ride !’ is closed to new replies.