Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Novice Go-Pro/DSLR question for you photographer types.
  • Brycey
    Free Member

Evening all

Planning a wee shoot using a Go-Pro (Hero 2 HD) for onboard and a DSLR for the rest. Anything in particular I should consider settings wise for each camera to ease compatibility/look between the two sets of footage when editing?

Thanks

soundninjauk

Make sure the framerate is the same across both cameras (or at least try and make sure that the Hero framerate is a multiple of the DSLR). And possibly resolution as well, depending on the capabilities of your DSLR.

Although the Hero2 *can* shoot 1080 at 25 fps, I personally find better results with 720p at 50 fps, less rolling shutter that way.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

What will you be shooting? The DSLR is going to look very different to the GoPro, even if only because of the difference in lenses.

Brycey
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice fellas.

Fairly typical bit of Scottish single track (ie dark), nothing particularly original. I’m expecting a different look between the cameras, and GoPro will be used minimally.

soundninjauk

If you colour/grade/stylise the GoPro footage to look obviously different from the DSLR stuff then you can make a feature of it and get away with the camera difference that way perhaps?

What are you editing with?

scotroutes

The most obvious thing is to match aspect ratios

Brycey
    Free Member

I’m using Sony Movie Studio Platinum.

Had a first attempt with the SLR only today. Do you reckon it’s too much ISO that’s causing it to look a bit bleached? Bog standard iPad iMovie editor app, so that probably hasn’t helped.

[video]http://vimeo.com/65003946[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Novice Go-Pro/DSLR question for you photographer types.’ is closed to new replies.