Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • November week off – inspiration needed
  • fbk
    Free Member

Does anyone have any (sensible) suggestions as to where’s nice to go in November.

Me and the wife have both got a week off at short notice and were thinking of booking a last minute break -looking for somewhere cheap, preferably with decent weather and not a ghost town.

Inspire me please 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Granada – Spain.

fbk
    Free Member

Really? Is spain ok at this time of year?

Duggan

Me and my g/f are going to Rome in January- seems like an odd time of year to go but never been before and I figure we can always go back in the Summer if we want to. And at least hopefully the tourist stuff will be less busy.

Not sure what kind of holiday you’re after but I also went to Berlin last winter and it was brilliant. Not sure if you’d want to spend a whole week in a city though.

I would like to visit Stockholm or Copenhagen as well and kind of consifer these as ‘Winter’ holidays..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would like to visit Stockholm or Copenhagen

get saving then…. 😯

fbk
    Free Member

We’ve done the odd city break before but, ime, they tend to work out expensive and quite tiring (especially Scandinavia!). Not sure if I’d want to go for a week either.

We’re just looking for a rest this time really, on a bit of a budget.

iDave
    Free Member

My personal choice would be this little corner of coast and Hendrix history in Morocco

foxyrider
    Free Member

Souther spain in November is warm. I was wearing shorts and T in the day 2 years ago (whilst the spanish were wearing coats and warm stuff 🙂 )

sweepy
    Free Member

Im off for a week in November and i’m camping on an island in the middle of a remote Scottish loch.
    It is cheap, and the weather can be good.

fbk
    Free Member

Sweepy – sounds perfect, if a bit chilly. Don’t think my other half would be up for it though 🙂

hels
    Free Member

Venice. Its the only time of year it really has an “off” season.

You can get some bargains on rooms.

The sunsets across the lagoon are stunning, and its cold so you have an excuse to slouch around all the galleries and squares drinking red wine. And it isn’t mobbed by tourists which is the best thing, you actually see locals.

Day trip to Verona etc quite do-able.

Although of course it depends what you mean by decent weather !

foxyrider
    Free Member

Always liked to go to Florence 🙂 Maybe someday 🙂 Wanna Gooseberry 😉

Janet thought about Marrakesh and saw some deals on Lastminute.com and Ryan air have £5 flight deals in November 🙂 ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘November week off – inspiration needed’ is closed to new replies.