Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Novatech D791SB/792SB – best budget hubs?
  • submarined
    Free Member

10% off on eBay at the moment may be the catalyst I need to sort out a new set of tubeless road/canal wheels.

Rims are sorted, but hub wise, the above pair can be found for about 60 quid online from China at the moment – Is there anything better out there not too far off pricewise that will build a good workhorse wheelset?

I’m too lazy/incompetent to deal with loose bearings, so much be sealed cartridge.#

EDIT: Sorry, 6 bolt, QR F&R

lovewookie

They’re not bad. bearings as standard will be OK, but not brilliant. Upgrade when they wear out with some decent ones.

Freehubs can be quite soft, so if you can, source the ones with the anti-bite guard steel strip.

submarined
    Free Member

Ok, cheers. Can’t find any with the anti bite thing specifically mentioned. Am I right in thinking these are all 11sp road compatible? (Although I guess not as much of an issue with the new 105 cassette)

lovewookie

yes, they should come with a spacer for 10spd/11spd mtb.

chakaping
    Free Member

Slight hijack – any tips on sourcing Novatec freehubs without having to remortgage the house?

sv

Depends on the model but some on AliExpress for £20-30 eg:

Novatec F482SB FS522SB F772SB D412SB D612SB DH12SB D202SB D882SB Bicycle Hub 8/9/10/11S Aluminum Freehub Freewheel Cassette Body
    http://s.aliexpress.com/QFjiuy2i?fromSns

lovewookie

last one I got was from sjs cycles for £25. but it depends on the model of hub. the 792 uses the B2 freehub, of which the ABG version is £35.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have the D642, they’re about £100 on SJS and all I can find elsewhere is threads about how my freehub is going to fail any minute anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Novatech D791SB/792SB – best budget hubs?’ is closed to new replies.