Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Novatech 12mm through axle to qr
  • tagnut69
    Free Member

Hi I have a novatech 142mmx12mm rear hub and would like to use it on a 135mm qr frame. I cant find novatech qr end caps to make the conversion so I guess my only option would be to get a conversion sleeve, but would i need to cut down the original end caps to fill the gap and stop the hub slading along the conversion sleeve?

lovewookie

what Novatec hub is it? some need whole axle replacements, and some use end caps.

beagle
    Free Member

I would give Hunt a bell. They will have what you need

kayla1
    Free Member

What hub is it? I’ve got a few 135QR and 135×10 axle+endcap doofers for 882 rear hubs (the ones that were badged as Superstar Switch.)

tagnut69
    Free Member

I am not sure which hubs they are but they came off a whyte t130. one end cap is press fit the other screws on

Northwind

You can always space down a 135 or 142 hub to QR but yep you’ll need to do something about the length and that means either replacement endcaps, machining down what you have, or- generally not the best idea- just forcing the fit, many frames will flex out by 7mm without much fuss, especially steel.

The best way’s definitely to ID the hub and get replacement endcaps, instant easy fit and totally reversible, but it’s not always easy especially with Novatec who make so many variants.

tjagain

I had a similar issue with the novatech hubs on my fatty – novatech USA were very helpful in pointing me to the right part and the EU distributor provided them

lovewookie

Agree with TJ, novatec are very helpful. I always thought however that Whyte hubs were formula?

also, whyte are pretty helpful.

honourablegeorge
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Novatech 12mm through axle to qr’ is closed to new replies.